FAKE Approving Manager (super and personal details required)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
robertpascale
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

FAKE Approving Manager (super and personal details required)

As per other posts here, we need to create Approving Managers who are not currently Base Hourly employees.

Several of these users are contractors or salaried staff.

We only want to create these new fake employees in order to approve timesheets, but do not want them to have fake TFNs, fake super details etc. 

How do we avoid putting all of these details in to the system, specifically beecause we do not want to mistakenly add anything to any ATO reporting accidentally.

5 REPLIES 5
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: FAKE Approving Manager (super and personal details required)

Hi @robertpascale 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If you'd like to add an approving manager who is not an employee, when you create a Contact or Card, set their Employment Basis to Other on the Payroll Details. This will ensure the software will not require specific details like TFN and Super fund details. 

For more details on adding approving managers, see our Help Article: Getting started with MYOB Team.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

robertpascale
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the reply Samara.

However, I have set the employment basis to other, and when I logon to the iOS app, it is still requesting those details.

See attached screenshots of both the employee card and the phone app screen when I login.

Thanks.

Rob

MYOB Teams Additional Information Request.jpg
MYOB Teams - Employee Setting.PNG
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi Rob (@robertpascale)

Thanks for clarifying, that looks like the employee self-onboarding form. To cancel the self-onboarding invites Go to; Employees > Self-onboarding invites > . . . > Cancel invite.

Then when it asks you to send the self-onboarding invite, you can select the option "Skip this, I'll add the details myself", so it won't prompt you again.

For more information about self-onboarding, see our Help Articles:

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

robertpascale
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. I've logged on to the web version (we normally use the desktop version),  but there are no pending invites. How do we proceed?

NOTE: we never actually turned on self-onboarding.

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi Rob (@robertpascale)

1. Go to Payroll > Create employee
  2. When you see the following window, click on the words that say "Skip this, I'll add the employee's details myself":

This will bring you to the Create Employee screen, which you can fill in yourself and won't have to worry about sending the self-onboarding form to your employee. 

Hope that clarifies it for you. 

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post