MYOB team - employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Daph
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB team - employee

I have tried to create myself in Team but have not received an invite, and am wondering if it is because I log into the file under Administrator.

On my card file as employee I have a personal email address,  My Administration login is under a work email.

I am the one who can authorise the timesheets so have put myself to authorise,  but cannot authorise timesheets.

Have downloaded the app and am unable to login with that either.

How can I delete myself / employee and start again?

For the future - How do you deal with employees changing email addresses?  Is it automatically picked up??  Am checking everyone but I know some will want to change soon.

Thanks in advance.

Daph

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: MYOB team - employee

Hello @Daph 

I'll first link a few Help Articles related to MYOB Team in case they may be of assistance to you in the future while using the app:

To my knowledge, most issues with employees not receiving invites or not being able to create accounts has to do with the email address in their Employee Card being the one used to access MYOB Team. As in, whatever email is listed in the Employee Card is the email that the invite must be sent to, and the email that employees must use to create their own accounts. In your scenario, it sounds like you have an Employee Card in the business with one email, and then Administrator access linked to another email? Can you confirm for me that when you say I have downloaded the app and am unable to login with that either, are you trying to login with your Employee Card email or your Administrator email? 

Please launch Teams from the software and not from the app and see if you are able to authorise timesheets from there. Additionally, please navigate to the User Access window of AccountRight and ensure that This user will sign on with my.MYOB... enabled and that ONLY the Administrator role is selected. The Administrator role should be granting you access to all areas of the AccountRight file, so you don't need to have any other roles selected. 

Unfortunately, you aren't able to delete yourself as an employee and restart - users are not able to be deleted from Teams. In your case (unless I have misunderstood anything) I think your best bet would be to ensure you have that Administrator email linked to your my.MYOB and use that through AccountRight for Teams admin, and use your Employee Card email to create a second Teams account to access as an employee.

To your question on how to deal with employees changing email addresses, this is not automatically picked up. That email in the Employee Card needs to be consistent with the email employees use to login, and vice versa. If an employee does change their email, that would need to be updated in the Employee Card and a new MYOB Team account created to correspond. 

With all this said, Teams is relatively new and so any feedback as to its usability is appreciated and will be passed on to the appropriate department for improvement.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Daph
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Re: MYOB team - employee

Thanks Emily for the feedback, greatly appreciated and a good help.  You were correct in the way I am setup, in MYOB and Teams.

I have been able to authorise timesheets now, so will try the app again and then start adding others in.

Kind regards

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post