Timesheets and Job Codes

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
stagehand
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Timesheets and Job Codes

Hi

I can't work out how to have employees enter a job code against their hours in the MYOB Teams app. Is there a hidden setting somewhere to enable this?

I found this post, which implies it's possible but the directions are awful and seem to apply to the old Essentials app, which we used before the Business downgrade.

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Team-app/MYOB-Team-and-Job-Codes/td-p/746147

How do I enable this feature in Business?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,300 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,300Posts

35Kudos

122Solutions

Re: Timesheets and Job Codes

Hi @stagehand 

Thank you for your post.

With the same feature using MYOB Business, to turn the timesheets preferences on your account. You may Click on your Business Name at the Top Right Corner >> Choose Payroll Settings >> Choose General Payroll Information >> Under Timesheets tick the box indicating that you are Using Timesheets to track Employee Hours >> Choose the start day of the payroll week below and Click Save after. This will allow all team members using the MYOB Team app to view a list of jobs and record activity slip information as well as payroll information.

You may refer to the screenshot I have provided below:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry,  please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

stagehand
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Shella, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately your instructions are incorrect. I already have MYOB setup as per your instructions, however there is no option to enter job codes on timesheets in MYOB Team. I have verified this is the case.

The Timesheet screen in MYOB Business has a job code, but after the "upgrade" to Business from Essentials, the Timesheet function stopped working as an input to pay. So what is the point of the Timesheet screen in MYOB Business?

As I understand it, I cannot give my staff access to Timesheets in MYOB Business, and even if I did, it wouldn't feed into payroll anyway.

Can you please provide a correct answer to my request?

stagehand
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Two weeks without a response, including the fact that the orignal reply was wrong?

How on earth am I meant to run a business with this utter garbage software and support. MYOB should be ashamed of what they've done to this product. 

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @stagehand 

I'm sorry to see that no one has responded to you yet. We do like to inform you that for immediate assistance, you may reach out to our live support (phone and chat support). 

I understand that you would need to create these jobs in MYOB Teams and assign them to specific employees to track or enter a code for. At the moment, this is not an available feature for MYOB Teams (which is used after the upgrade), but we are always open to suggestions on our Product Ideas Board. That said, we do appreciate your feedback regarding how this app can be improved to be more useful to users.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post