Australia
Community Manager

5,968Posts

2,212Kudos

477Solutions

COVID-19: Pricing, Support and Stimulus Package

** Post on behalf of Greg Ellis – CEO, MYOB **

Dear all,

The impacts of COVID-19 are already being felt by businesses, large and small, across Australia and New Zealand. It is a situation that is evolving rapidly, but while it does, MYOB remains focused on our commitment to helping businesses survive and succeed.

Pricing and Financial support
MYOB understands the important role that we play in supporting the business community across Australia and New Zealand. This role is particularly important in times of uncertainty, which is why we have taken tangible steps to help with immediate cash flow concerns:

• The immediate suspension of price rises until further notice
  • A review of payment terms to provide flexibility to industries hardest hit
  • The implementation of a dedicated support team to manage hardship applications
  • Providing information on access to government grants

We’re here when you need us
We anticipate that there may be a time soon when our teams are required to work away from their offices. This flexibility isn’t unusual for MYOB employees and we are very well set up to continue to support you.

You can also visit our help site for general support or ask a question on our community forum, which is monitored by dedicated support representatives.

Access to the government’s COVID-19 Stimulus Package
In a bid to protect the Australian economy against one of the most significant threats to business in recent times, the government has launched a stimulus package that includes wage subsidies, business tax breaks, money for low-income families, healthcare support, and more.

+ Coronavirus support package for Australian businesses

Be assured, we are taking every measure to ensure business as usual at MYOB so we can continue to support you.

Stay safe and thank you for your continued support.  

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: COVID-19: Pricing, Support and Stimulus Package

• A review of payment terms to provide flexibility to industries hardest hit
  • The implementation of a dedicated support team to manage hardship applications

I refer to the first point above which was in an email recently received.  I have two subscriptions for my two small businesses, which are both hospitality in regional WA.  One is a B&B and the other a small hotel.  Both have had disastrous hits in the past weeks resulting in a 90% drop in bookings.  I am looking at cancelling my AccountRight subscriptions - or is there an alternative / assistance from MYOB?  

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,968 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,968Posts

2,212Kudos

477Solutions

Hi @countrybumpkin,

I'm really sorry to hear about the impact COVID-19 is having on your business. I request you to please Email accounts@myob.com so we can work through ways to support you during this uncertain time.

I hope that you, your family and your community stay safe during this time. 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

We have recently paid (beginning of March) our annual subscription which reflected the 9% price rise. Is the suspension of price rises retrospective?

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,184 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,184Posts

2,271Kudos

441Solutions

Hi @Suja_P 

One thing MYOB could offer that won't cost MYOB is to retain online files for say 6 months instead of the usual one month when an online subscription is cancelled. Esp for Essentials users who might cancel their subscription for a few months and then want to re-start once the crisis is over. Unlike AccountRight users who can backup their online file, Essentials user might be faced with starting a new file all over again - MYOB could help them avoid this by keeping the online file stored longer before they are deleted.

Regards

Gavin

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,968 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,968Posts

2,212Kudos

477Solutions

Hi @Don2

Thank you for your post. We'd be happy to arrange a pro-rata refund of the increased amount. Please send an Email to accounts@myob.com with your account details.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Community Manager
5,968 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,968Posts

2,212Kudos

477Solutions

Hi Gavin (@gavin12345),

Thank you, for your post. Great suggestion.

At this stage, we're taking each application on a case by case basis and working with the impacted businesses on a solution that is reasonable for both parties. This could include options such as the one you've mentioned, but given all businesses are different, we feel that the individual approach is going to be the most helpful for now.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,669 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,669Posts

1,051Kudos

127Solutions

Hi @gavin12345  - A great idea !  Kym in Darwin (Palmerston home office)

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I received an email from the CEO on 20-03-2020 stating that there not be a price increase due to the COVID-19. I was debited $1308.00 on the 31-03-2020 which is an increase of $108.00 from last year and I would like to know why my subscription increased.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,473Posts

5,090Kudos

5,487Solutions

Hi @FionaB 

AccountRight subscription pricing is valid for 12 months and the system will uptake on the current price of the subscription at the time.

In your case, you have been on a lower series of pricing due to the fact that you have been locked in for 12 months as you had purchased that subscription prior to the April 2019 price increase. This does mean that you have uptaken on the current pricing for a subscription as of the date it was renewed for which would have been $108 per month (or $1308 annually).

The email you would have been sent related to the planned April 2020 price increases, which would have resulted in the subscription cost of $120 per month (or $1440 annually). Since we have decided to not proceed with those price increases at this stage, you are still at the current subscription rate of $109 per month (or $1308 annual) which is the current price of an AccountRight Plus subscription.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post