21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Changing licence

Hello. Why is MYOB support useless?

I have been trying since Tuesday to have MYOB migrate my account over from one license to another (AccountRight) but no-one in support knows what to do.

They just don't seem to understand what I am asking to be done.

Then they claim that their computer network is down and to try calling back later.

I have called every day since and their computer system is STILL down.  I call BS.

I called them today (Saturday) as I was told by MYOB support that they will be back on-line and will be able to help me.

MYOB support said he cannot do the migration as he doesn't have the support around him!!!! This translate to "I dont know how to do it". He is going to call me on Monday!!!

Come on MYOB - surely it cannot be that difficult.

Wish me luck for Monday or maybe I will have to switch the company over to Quickbooks.

9 REPLIES 9
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

146Kudos

378Solutions

Re: Changing licence

Hi @Allied_P 

I am sorry to hear you had this experience with our customer support. I am happy to assist you with this via this platform. Could you please send me a Private Message with the serial numbers you would want to move your license from and to? Could you also let me know if you used any of the following services: Bankfeeds, PaySuper, STP, In Tray?

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Allied_P
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am still waiting for my call from MYOB that was promised 8am. Quite typical of MYOB staff to promise something and not deliver.

Anyway I ended up calling them and waited over 30 min for an answer. They managed to get further along but I had a meetin mg to attend and had to end the call just prior to verbal authorisation which they require.

I called  back at 11am and spoke to someone but then the call dropped. I have a strong feeling MYOB support hung up on me.

I called back and was in the queue for at least 20 minutes maybe even more.

I have now been transferred over to someone else. This tells me the person I was talking has no idea. I wonder how long  I will be in the queue now as I am position 9.

Thus is so frustrating and infuriating. No wonder MYOB have a bad reputation here in Australia.

They are USLESS.

Allied_P
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Had to drop the call after nearly another 45 minutes wait as I had to attend a meeting.

That means I had to start all over again.

This last call was so infuriating - I was on hold for almost 40 minutes and then spoke to someone who wanted to start the entire process again.  I was dumbfounded. Wanted to speak to their supervisor and all I got was "They not available".  This went on for another 15 minutes.

USELESS

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,292 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,292Posts

6,091Kudos

6,615Solutions

Hi @Allied_P 

Sorry to hear that you have had that experience with our phone-based teams. Should you wish to discuss your experience further this can be done through our Feedback & Complaints channel listed on our Contact Us page.

In saying that, if you do have a product support query you are welcome to post that query on this Forum, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist with that. I can see that @Yanike_S has offered her assistance with your query- I would recommend taking up that option.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Allied_P
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Last night I eventually got to the point where the support person emailed me a form from which I uploaded my backup file.

This morning I received this email:

I've taken a look over the ticket you submitted and I can see you have provided an AccountRight file and an AccountRight serial number. Typically this would indicate you are looking to change the serial number of your existing file - was this correct?

Please note that the ticket you have logged is for migration to MYOB Business - we are unable to action serial number changes or migration to the same product. For assistance with this process, please reach out to one of our colleagues on 1300 555 123 and they will be happy to assist with this process.

So MYOB have FAILED yet again.

This morning (now day 7 from initial call to MYOB) I spoke to a person by the name of ***  So was most helpful but explained that a migration cannot occur as a migration is only from one product to another product. She tried to change generate a new License File to send to me but that was not possible.

** has now initiated a process of requesting a ‘repair’ to my archive file to strip off the external services like Superannuation etc and she tells me that I can then just change the License Number. This process will take up to 3 days.

I have submitted a formal complaint to MYOB but I have absolutely no faith in actually receiving an intelligent response from them.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,292 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,292Posts

6,091Kudos

6,615Solutions

Hi @Allied_P 

Generally speaking with changing a serial number within a company you would be able to go to Help>>Change Serial Number. If you have used Live Services (Bank Feeds, STP, Pay Superannuation...) that option may be greyed out and we may have to look at arranging for the company file to be sent in for that serial number to be removed by our team. I understand that you have requested that process and at the time of posting we are awaiting that company file for Data file repair.

I also understand that you have put through that Feedback on your experience with our phone-based teams so our team can review that experience you have had. 

If you do have any further product support questions don't hesitate to post on this Forum again. I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Allied_P
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Well the whole MYOB saga is just that, one big SAGA.

Have managed to get my new license up and running but I did have to escalate it within MYOB.

BUT, I had to resetup Bank Feeds (that what I was told by Support even though MYOB shows it as active) only to discover now that AccountRight will not allow for the SAME bank feed.  Looking through the on-line support it appears one has to unmatch all the previous transactions - I mean we have years and years of data on MYOB!!!!

I am on the phone to MYOB Support - wish me LUCK

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,292 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,292Posts

6,091Kudos

6,615Solutions

Hi @Allied_P 

Generally speaking, we can move across bank feeds from one AccountRight file to another. 

We are happy to arrange for that through this channel if required. We would need some key information like:

• The original serial number that the feeds were on 
  • The original company file ID that the feeds were on -- Help>>About AccountRight in that company file
  • The new serial number of the file that you wish to have the feeds on
  • The new company file ID of that file that you wish to have the feeds on -- Help>>About AccountRight in that company file
  • The bank account numbers of those feeds

To avoid posting that sensitive information directly on this forum, this information can be sent through as a private message to me. Alternatively, it can be provided through our direct phone support or live chat support teams.

With the above information, we can lodge a ticket with our bank feeds team to look into those feeds and look at transferring those across to the new company file for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Allied_P
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steve

That has already been done.

The issue now is that there can only be one Bank Feed per account. The old Bank Feed is still there but not working so I have had to request a new Bank Feed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post