Experienced Cover User
Australia
mt1964
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

How to increase font size in Accountright windows using Windows 7

My partner and I both wear glasses - the font size in most MYOB Accountright 17.2 windows is miniscule, restrictive and most annoying to my partner. He constantly asks me to find out how to increase the default font size so he can view all windows on the main office pc and is forced to use MYOB on the go on his Ipad to be able to read all with no bother. I see the generic instruction for Windows 7 Home premium regarding how to increase the font size in control panel and have set font to 125%, to no avail. MYOB help suggests going to File and choosing default fonts...mmm...it simply does not exist on my screen! WHY NOT? I have now tried several times to fix this, hoping some current update provides a solution. I remember being able to edit the Default window font size, but not in current versions. There is no place within File where I can do this now... I see one poor client also had this problem in 2011, with only an 'under consideration' flag as a result...don't any users share this annoying query?
3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,978 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22978Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Re: How to increase font size in Accountright windows using Windows 7

Hi @mt1964

Unlike the AccountRight Classic (v19) range, AccountRight 2017 will take it's display settings including the font sizes from within Windows. As such, at this stage, it doesn't allow for the user to select default fonts and sizes to be used by the program.

If you are needing to increase display of AccountRight 201x you would be looking at Help Article: Fixing display issues which does go through the process of changing the Window display settings. Note we would recommend the display being set to Smaller (100%) or Medium (125%) as larger (150%) may hide values from being displayed, although some people do use that higher setting. Also note that changing that higher display setting can impact other programs not just AccountRight.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User mt1964
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
mt1964
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Steven_M I'd already taken those steps outlined in your response so settled on 125% display, after noticing loss of data view at 150%...so I guess I'm stuck with current version limitations...I noticed the older V19 had the ability to increase font size within MYOB and used it successfully so can you please shed some light here? Why did later versions not follow in kind? Why fix something not broken, while in effect, decreasing usability/accessability? Surely other users also wear reading glasses worldwide? It seemed more logical to change display settings WITHIN MYOB rather than hoping that a global Windows display setting change would suffice, going back and forth to see results, disappointed. Thanks for the reply, though...
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,978 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22978Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Hi @mt1964

Thanks for the additional feedback. At this stage, to my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to update AccountRight 2017 to include a default fonts option like AccountRight Classic. However, I have shared your feedback with the team.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post