MYOB 2020.3.1 Upgrade Does not Work

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Emily_B
Former Staff
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

169Solutions

Re: MYOB 2020.3.1 Upgrade Does not Work

Hello @Suezet,

Just confirming that although there might be no updates in a queue, you have indeed clicked "Check for Updates" under Settings >> Update and Security on your PC? Do ensure this is the case, and if any "Important" or "Optional" updates which mention .NET framework show up, be sure to update those. Try restarting before checking for updates again as well.

If you are not seeing any updates, it would be a matter of downloading and installing the Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 from the Microsoft support site, as indicated in the Help Article on Installation Troubleshooting. Installation instructions are also provided through the link to obtain the SQL Server.

@esna, please ensure you have followed the instructions outlined in the Help Article on Installation Troubleshooting. If your error persists, please go ahead and follow the instructions to install the SQL Server from Microsoft.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Suezet
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Done all updates last night opnly drivers left which do not look relevant.

Also dowloaded & installed that microsoft program but it did nothing!

Screenshot (120).png
Screenshot (118).png
TerriW86
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

I have successfully  installed the upgrade from Christine 12345's screen shot when it popped up on my PC yesterday.

When I checked the Payroll data in esetup, it said Tax codes 1/7/20. Unsure if this is the correct date and if the patch needs to be installed separately. 

I had received the email:- New tax tables are now available for AccountRight (update by 16 November to stay ATO compliant) with instructions through my.myob. 

I found it very confusing as upgrades had alrways previously been from a pop up on screen when opening MYOB.

Still unsure if I have the patch. 

Can you confirm that the tax tables are correct?

Thanks

TerriW86
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Can you please show where "settings" is?

TerriW86
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Ignore that, I was looking for settings in MYOB, now I have scrolled down I see it is the windows settings.

ajteck
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi All,

You need to UN-install all previous versions of MYOB on your P.C before you try and install the new version.

Seems a bit stupid to uninstall a perfectly fine working version to attempt to install a version you have not been able to sucessfully install previously, however that worked for me.

All the best...

TerriW86
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Melisa_D

I have finally got Version 2020.3.1 to appear on the Version when I open MYOB, but it still says Tax Tables 30/7/20.

Can you confirm that this is the correct date for the Tax Tables?

Suezet
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

still not working!!!!

Emily_B
Former Staff
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

169Solutions

Hi @Suezet 

I would go ahead and install those Driver Updates indicated in your message with the screenshot. Updates with .NET are the most important to look out for, but when the Fatal Error message comes up that does indicate there are some lingering updates to complete. Please go ahead and finish those, and then ensure you have uninstalled your previous version of AccountRight, and then try installing the update again. If you are still having issues, please close down the program > right click AccountRight and select run as administrator, and try the installation again.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
5,111 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,111Posts

365Kudos

565Solutions

Hi @TerriW86

Thank you for your posts and glad to hear that it's been updated. Can I please confirm from which window you're seeing this date in ? When you go to process pays the tax table revision date will be updated in the employees pays tab.

Please do let me know how you go. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post