Pay Advice emails not being received

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JackieW
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Pay Advice emails not being received

I emailed Payoll Advices to three employees two weeks ago and again yesterday and they have not been recieved.

A short time later I also emailed about 7 remittance advices.  I rang several Suppliers today and checked that they had received the emails and they all had.

When you check in sent emails all emails have a green tick and are not bouncing back.

Obviously there isn't a problem in the actual sending of emails it just appears to be an issue within Payroll.   Our 3 employees are long term employees and up until the last fortnight have always received their emails. 

It seems to have occurred about the time I downloaded 2020.2.2

9 REPLIES 9
Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Re: Pay Advice emails not being received

Hi @JackieW 

Thank you for your post. 

Are you able to confirm for me what the @address of the emails not receiving the email are (i.e. @yahoo.com, @gmail.com). 

There are a large number of reasons why an email would not be received at the recipient's end from an environmental factor to having the sender's email address possibly marked as junk/spam. We have seen other uses recently have this issue with some accounts, whereby the email they are trying to send is suddenly being sent to the junk folder at the recipients ends. I do recommend checking with each recipient to see if the sent  email is in the junk folder, and if it is, they will need to whitelist/add the email address to their safe sender's list

Please let me know how you get on, and if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

JackieW
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Jesh,

The email address for each employee is bigpond.com

The employees have checked their junk email folder and there is nothing in there from my clients email address.

As I said previously they have been receiving their payroll advices previously at the same email  addresses (all long term employees) without any problems.

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hi @JackieW 

Thank you for your response and checking with your employees to see if the emails were sitting in their junk folder. We don't have current reports of any issues with clients emailing from AccountRight to BigPond accounts, however there could still be other environmental issues causing your emails to not be received.  

Could you please also request with recipients using BigPond accounts to check their email settings to see if BigPond has set any exclusions to ignore MYOB emails. Also, ensure those recipients check that your AccountRight email is in their approved senders list. 

Let me know how you go and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Rod_Bennett
Experienced Partner
12 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Just adding that I also cant email payslips to bigpond accounts.  They are not in the junk folder.

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hi @Rod_Bennett 

We have seen other uses recently have this issue with some accounts, whereby the email they are trying to send is not being received. Can I ask, have you been able to email to these accounts previously?

The fact its only affecting Bigpond email addresses does suggest that it could be a filter on Bigpond’s end. To help narrow this down I’d try it with a different email address with the same email content to see if it allows the email to go through.

Do let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Rod_Bennett
Experienced Partner
12 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have emailed from MYOB card file, and email does not arrive to the bigpond account (acccording to the employee) even in Junk.

It has been happening for at least 10 days.

Also I can email him directly from my own account.  I will send the payslips on from there and let you know how I get on.

Edit.  They received the payslips Ok from my email account

JackieW
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

The employees using the bigpond.com received their payroll advice this pay week.  The obviously a gremlin in the system 

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hi @JackieW 

Thank you for confirming, please keep an eye on it and let me know if you experience any further issues.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Hi @Rod_Bennett 

Thank you for your reply. 

Upon further investigation if you haven't received a bounce back email it is highly probable that it's still an issue with the receiver settings or their actual email address. I would speak to the employee in question and ask them to check their: 

• Firewall settings to check that your email address isn't blocked from being received
  • Exclusion settings (located in Bigpond email settings) to see if it is ignoring emails from myob

If the employee confirms that the Firewall and Exclusion settings are correctly set up, private message me with your full name, email address and serial number and we will investigate it further for you.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post