Remove old client

Smiley70
7 Posts
User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Remove old client

When I start the log on process to AccountRight, a number of ex-clients appear in the "Company files online" screen.

Some of those files I no longer have access to. And for a couple I think I still do, however I don't access them nor want to it the future.

How can I remove them so only my current clients files appear?

3 REPLIES 3
Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
6,291 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,291Posts

451Kudos

693Solutions

Re: Remove old client

Hi @Smiley70

Thank you for your post. For AccountRight files you would look at having your access revoked to the company file as per Help Article: Invite a user to an online file - How do I resend or cancel an invitation?

If the client is not able to revoke that invitation you would need to contact our phone-based team to remove that access on your behalf.

Do let us know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Smiley70
7 Posts
User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I believe this is a subject that has raised it's head many a time over the years, and the "solution" has never improved / changed. This isn't a rare or isolated query, and I believe it's time that MYOB updated the solution. As a Bookkeeper, I believe that we should have the right to revoke access / remove ourselves from somebodys file. If we can right click on a file in the prior screen of "Recently opened company files" to "remove from list", why can't MYOB develop an option to remove oneself from having access to an ex-clients file by a similar means? There are multiple reasons why it may not be viable, or possible, to contact the file owner / ex client / defunct business etc, and ask that they revoke their invite / your access to their file.  Truly think this is worth MYOB's consideration.

Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
6,291 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,291Posts

451Kudos

693Solutions

Hi @Smiley70

We appreciate your feedback on this and I've passed your feedback on to our product teams. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post