Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

2019.1 Sales Import Missing Inc Tax Amount Field

So we have migrated from v19.13 to v2019.1 and are trying to import sales (format = service) from an external system that produces a valid v19.x import file.

Problem is that in v2019.1, when you go to match the fields, the Available fields list DOES NOT include a field for "Inc Tax Amount", yet you can't continue with the import as an error message is presented:

"The Inc-Tax Amount field is required for this import".

So how are we supposed to match on a field that isn't available?

How quickly can MYOB provide a fix to this issue, as we don't want to be manually adding these sales?

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29737Posts

3639Kudos

4369Solutions

Re: 2019.1 Sales Import Missing Inc Tax Amount Field

Hi @someone 

Just testing my AccountRight 2019.1 Import/Export Assistant with importing a service sale from AccountRight v19 I have the option for Inc-Tax Amount listed in my Available fields. 

Attachment.PNG

The only time I was not able to see that being an option was when I utilised an AccountRight 2019 import file, which required me to add {} brackets to the first line of the import file. This will use the different import set up and thus different fields would be required - Inx Tax Amount not being one of them.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User someone
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

As per original post, the source was not from MYOB v19.x so the column heading in the original source is:

• Inc Tax Amount

You will see that there is no dash/hyphen in the column name, which then causes v2019.1 to not show Inc-Tax Amount as an Available field

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,737 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29737Posts

3639Kudos

4369Solutions

Hi @someone 

The testing I used was based on a v19 import file attempting to import into AccountRight 2019.1 as you did indicate that it did originally work with a v19 company file, without the exact import file this would be the extent of our testing.

However, as you have indicated that the field doesn't have a hyphen in the name in your import file I have tested that eventuality. Using an import file with no hyphen in the name for Inc Tax Amount field, however, that field does appear to be still be included in the Available fields for matching - see attached.

Attachment.PNG

In saying that if you would like to provide a screenshot of your Match Fields window and that of your import file I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to look into that further for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User someone
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Since it took so long for a response we had the source import file changed so now don't have a file to show you.

Maybe if MYOB support was more responsive we could have provided the file to replicate the issue.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post