7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2019.2 forms have not migrated

I have just installed AcountRight V 2019.2 onto my computer, but no matter what I try, my customised forms will not migrate or import as they were before.  How do I fix this without having to manual customise them all again?

49 REPLIES 49
Contributing User service119
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

2019.2 will not migrate, import, or customise forms

I recently upgraded from 2019.1 to 2019.2, and just discovered that my forms are all using the basic pre printed template.  I have tried importing and migrating them, and even re-customising them, but they will not save, no matter what I do.  How can I fix this?

Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,405 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,405Posts

2,210Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 2019.2 forms have not migrated

@service119 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

I upgraded from 19.1 to 19.2 yesterday when it became available and have had no problems.

I always download the full version of the software, not the upgrade, as i find it always works better.

Once downloaded I click on the icon on the desktop and then my company file.

MYOB then asks if I want to upgrade and I say yes. Wait for it to upgrade and open the file.

I have checked that all 12 customised forms are there and they all work fine.

If you are coming from a classic version you will need to migrate your forms, see comments here.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Partner Jumping_Jo84
80 Posts
Partner
Australia

80Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

@service119 

what version of Ar did we come from
Eg V19 to 2019 ?

this will make all the difference

http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/TIJs - use this is coming from V19 classic

7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I upgraded from 2019.1 to 2019.2

7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gary

Thanks for your reply.  It turns out that if I close down MYOB and then reopen it, everything is visible as it was before, however intermittently throughout the day everything reverts to the default forms and I have to close and open again.  Someone from MYOB is trying to solve this for me now, I believe.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,239 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,239Posts

4,281Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Everyone

This is something that we do have one documented case on (which is @service119 ), while we have been able to replicate it internally we have only been able to do so once and not been able to do so again on other computers or the same computer internally.

So if other clients are encountering this situation with AccountRight 2019.2 we would love to hear that is the case so we can look into it further, Although, our current recommendation is to close down and reopen the company file this appears to correctly load the form.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I had to shut down and reopen the company file several times over the first two days after it started happening, but I haven't had any issues since.  It is really annoying though, so a solution for future customers would be great if one can be found.

Contributing Cover User Alexandra_pipe
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I can confirm this also happened to us. Forms were working fine the day after we upgraded without issue, however today when printing Invoices we noticed that our Custom Forms weren't selecting. After checking the responses posted here. I exited MYOB then logged back in and Forms have reappeared.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,239 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,239Posts

4,281Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Alexandra_pipe 

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the process. I've passed it across to your team.

For other clients affected, do restart the program. If that doesn't resolve the issue, do delete your cache file. This cache files stores information to aid in the searching and finding of recent values. Thus I would be deleting that cache file and allowing AccountRight to recache that company file (which will happen automatically when you open the company file again). 

The cache file can be found in the following location: 
C:\Users\--username--\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\201x.x\Cache

Please note that --username-- is the username that you are using to log into Windows with and AppData is a hidden folder so you would need to turn that preference on within Windows. The cache file name would be named "companyFileCache_<companyfilename>.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post