AccountEdge 32-bit application - Upgrading Mac - Parallels Vs Bootcamp 7 May 2022

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jtattard
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountEdge 32-bit application - Upgrading Mac - Parallels Vs Bootcamp 7 May 2022

What does everyone do when they need to upgrade their Mac and can no longer use AccountEdge? The time has come that I need to upgrade my Mac and I love AccountEdge, have tried Essentials and the detail in that program just isn’t there for our business. Has anyone transferred from AccountEdge to Account Right by using Parallels or Bootcamp? Is one better than the other? Are there any cons? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: AccountEdge 32-bit application - Upgrading Mac - Parallels Vs Bootcamp 7 May 2022

Hi @Jtattard 

Thanks for your post. As AccountRight is not tested in virtualization software such as Parallels the program might not perform as expected. Parts of AccountRight can be accessed via the browser, so you will be able to access those from any device (as long as the software is installed on a Windows PC). Read more about that here: What you can and can't do in AccountRight web browser.

That being said, I do hope other users on the forum share their experience on here.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jtattard
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountEdge 32-bit application - Upgrading Mac - Parallels Vs Bootcamp 7 May 2022

Hi Yanike, thanks for your reply! 

So just confirming what I understand you to say; as long as the software is installed on a Windows PC, then after that we can access the "Safari" brower on Mac Desktop to use AccountRight moving forward?

Thanks again,

Tina

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @Jtattard 

I think reply by @Yanike_S had a 'typo'.

The AccountRight software must be installed on a Windows PC (FYI lots of people use this on a MAC via Parallels or VMWare - its just that MYOB do not 'support' this - search the forum for Parallels and you should find posts - or use google as its search engine is much better than the forum search engine).

You can access your online company file via the AccountRight software OR via a browser. However the Browser cannot do certain, like uploading the company file online in the first place. This is what I think @Yanike_S was trying to say. You need the AccountRight software to initially Activate the company file and upload it to MYOB servers. Once it is there you can access through any browser on a Mac or PC, however functionality is limited.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post