MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

AccountRight 2018.4 upgrade

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User laurac
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
laurac
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight 2018.4 upgrade

Hi, I have downloaded the AccountRight 2018.4 version, I wonder if you could help me with my following queries.

1. what are the disadvantages for not using online service from this new version? Does that impact for using STP by using offline services?

2. Once it goes in the cloud, do you provide 2 factor auth support?

3. Can you please supply the details for how to set up multi-user, select the correct license and also perform the MYOB migration?

4. Where can I find out my license entitlements and account info?

Thank you so much for your help.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,942 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29942Posts

3677Kudos

4390Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2018.4 upgrade

Hi @laurac

1. When the company file is stored online you do gain a range of product features that would not be available to yourself if you use the company file locally. For example; Online Emailing, Online Payments, uploading of In Tray documents, integration with the MYOB Invoices app, Online collaboration ...

In saying that, other services like bank feeds, pay superannuation and payroll reporting (Single Touch Payroll) can be used when the company file is stored locally. You will just need to have an active internet connection when doing that task. Also, an active AccountRight Live Subscription is required per file that wish to a "live" service with - a "live" service being cloud access, Pay Superannuation, Bank feeds, payroll reporting.

2. With changes in industry standards, two-factor authentication is required across the AccountRight 20xx range and my.MYOB login points. You will need to use two-factor authentication when opening a company file in the cloud or using another live service.

3. Multiple user is available if you wish to use the company file online or local. If you wish to upload the file to the cloud via File>>Go Online you can invite other users to use the file through Setup>>User Access - Our Help Article: Add a user would be able to assist with that process. If the company file is to be stored locally a network library would need to be set up - see Help Article: Set up a network

MYOB does offer a migration service to migrate company files across to AccountRight- see Product migration for more information and to arrange that service.

4. Your my.MYOB account can show you information relating to your account with MYOB. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
laurac
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

Thank you for your reply.

May I know if any costs are going to be incurred to enable us to use AccountRight 2018.4?

Once we use this new version, are we still paying the annual subscription as per normal each year? Any other costs could be involved?

Thank you so much for your help.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,942 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29942Posts

3677Kudos

4390Solutions

Hi @laurac

As you have an active AccountRight subscription, using the latest version (AccountRight 2018.4) and using one company file with "live" services would be included in that subscription.  Additional subscriptions, currently* valued at 60% of the original subscription, would be required if you do wish to have additional files using "live" services.

If you wish to cancel or not renew that AccountRight subscription you would be free to use the software and company file locally, however, you would be able to use any "Live" services once that subscription is cancelled.

Note: Most features are included in your AccountRight subscription although Online Payments do have a charge associated with it. Those transactional fees can be found on Fee and charges

*Current at time of posting

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
laurac
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M,

Thank you for your help.

May I know if it's ok for me not set up online payment with this latest version (AccountRight 2018.4)? What's impact? Can I keep using the existing way to make payments by uploading the bank files into our bank?

I notice that this new version has got a lot of features that require us to spend time to understand it. Will MYOB provide any free training on this? Where can I find support and help?

Thank you.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,942 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29942Posts

3677Kudos

4390Solutions

Hi @laurac

The Live services of AccountRight 2018 are optional features. You don't have to use those features if it's not a fit for your current business setup. Customers will just need to make payment as per the current process your business is currently doing i.e. Internet banking, cash, cheque...

We do have a whole range of training courses available including self-paced free online courses. Do check out MYOB Academy for a range of courses.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post