AccountRight Live

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User MFAA
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight Live

I'm going to ask a really stupid question.  What is AccountRight Live?

I have installed AR 2018.3 and upgraded the AR19.15 file and testing the new and hopefully much improved version at the moment and browsing through endless notes and references, made a test super payment, linked the ATO BAS link file, used the Intray and then i need to install AccountRight Live which confused me.  Bank Feeds seems to be working eventhough confusing as I can seem to get credit cards to work.

In AR2018.3 under services I can see there are links to AR LIve as I'm signed in etc but not sure why it asks me to upgrade a file.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,012Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: AccountRight Live

Hi @MFAA

This is not a silly question, it's perfectly valid and certainly understandable how it can be a bit confusing when confronting the term "AccountRight Live" for the first time. I'll try to explain it below:

In short; You're already using it. AccountRight Live is an old term that described the newer AccountRight software that can use the "Live Services" (now simply online services) and the benefits of Cloud Technology. This was around the time when Cloud-based accounting system were still fairly new and the platform was still being built to what you see today. The versions that were called "AccountRight Live" started with AccountRight 2011 with the first Live Services starting to come in around 2013. It has been a few years since the term was coined and it's now simply "AccountRight 2018" or "The new AccountRight".

The MYOB software in the 20xx.x range is colloquially known as "Live" for users who have been around for a while however this is not a term used for some newer Users as it's simply "AccountRight" or "AccountRight [version]" with the terms slowly being renamed on all our messages in product and on our websites so it's only really an old term being used by those who were familiar with it at the time.

With that said, I note that you mention you need to install it with In Tray. There are some Services (Such as In Tray) you need to keep the datafile online on the Cloud in order to utilise, though I am unaware of any specific messages with In Tray saying "AccountRight Live" in it as it should simply say you need to work online.

If you are able to take a screenshot of the message you're getting and post it, I can look into this a bit more and see what might be causing that specific message.

Feel free to also post any questions you might have on this.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Cover User MFAA
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight Live

Sorry InTray and AccountRight Live was unrelated and thank you very much for the advice/feedback.  Slowly working through this.

Making payment is a surprise as we need to purchase something additional as I would have thought it is a natural process after processing invoices and included in the current solution.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post