AccountRight V19.5 Plus

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner RLB
10 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

10Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight V19.5 Plus

I am a small business owner.  I have my file on AccountRight Online, but also have 3 clients on my desktop AccountRight V19.5 Plus.  These desktop clients are also small business owners, no staff, basic money in money out each quarter.  They have no need or want to be online.  I am aware that you are no longer providing the desktop version maintenance, I understand that, BUT, please stop bullying and harrassing to buy the online versions.  It's to the point of actually stressing me out when my manager rings because I know I will be harrassed to purchase something my clients have no interest in (and yes, a strange concept it must be for myob, but I actually listen to my customers and care about their needs).

I pay $100 a month, and my account manager said to get all my clients on line, which I have to do (why do I have to do it when I don't need these files online), she can do me a special price of $122 a month.  Umm, I don't want to be paying more as I think $100 is a bit much as it is for what I use it for anyway.  Then yesterday, after saying no I didn't want to put my 3 small business customers online, one of the customers files conveniently wouldn't confirm online for me.  45 min wait later I speak to a consultant who said my file was no longer active, I need to update them to be online.  Well, this made me really cross, as how many times do I need to explain small business and desktop versions are actually a good mix, or have you lost sight of what small business is?  Not everyone employes heaps of people and not everyone needs the magic of bank feeds.  But magically after I hung up the file confirmed??

Since you are no longer interested in catering for those who don't want to conform to your business practices, I am recommending people go elsewhere, which I had never done before.  Myob was always the preferred program for me, but not anymore.  What is the harm in still using the desktop version, when no payroll is needed?  Bank feeds aren't needed?  Yes, the way of the future is online which the manger told me, but seriously, at least still cater for those small, tiny businesses that are just trying to get by without spending excessive amounts of money on products they don't need.  I am really cross about how myob people have spoken to me and treated me in the last few days, and how rude they become when I say I am not interested in online options. 

Anyway, on to my Reckon file clients now (which are happily sitting on my desktop and reckon are happy for them to still be on my desktop at $400 a year less than myob). 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight V19.5 Plus

I agree 100% and have kept all of my old clients on v19 without support for several years now. Backups of everything are essential to this and I tell them to let me know when they can't confirm and I contact the Moderators here who I find helpful and professional without bothering to waste time calling phone support who provide "incorrect" information.

Cheers

Liz

Partner RLB
10 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

10Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Liz for the info!  I am getting really stressed out about all this, while still trying to do end of quarter for clients!

Many thanks!

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

PS - it may be a case of "unconscionable conduct" by MYOB and possibly worth reporting to the ACCC given that it appears that the phone support are lying to you. Also, if you do have clients with payroll on the old versions, please feel free to private message me for possible alternatives to keep these clients compliant at a reasonable cost without paying a fortune to MYOB to upgrade to a slow, buggy programme.

Cheers

Liz

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,189 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,189Posts

1,024Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RLB

I couldn't help but notice your post and noted that you are a Partner with a Bookkeepers Licence and you should not be prevented from confirming Desktop files on this licence.

I've had a quick look into this and found an account with a Partner Licence and noticed that there was a problem with the number of company files allocated to the Partner Licence, this only had 1 company file licenced to the Serial Number which is wrong for that particular Partner Licence and would cause confirmation problems with any other files.

I've corrected this so that all company files on that Licence should now be able to confirm.

I really do apologise for the experience you had with reaching the teams here and with the Partner Manager. I've made sure to send this post to the relevant teams here to look into this.

If you are still encountering any confirmation issues, I'd be happy to look into this on our end. Feel free to send me a Private Message with the details. You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post