Experienced Cover User
Australia
BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User

152Posts

93Kudos

1Solutions

Accountright Classic version

Good morning, I don't understand why MYOB Classic version, which sadly MYOB no longer supports, needs files confirmed. The Companies have a perpetual licence on this Product, so please explain why confirmation codes are still required? Thank you, Bronwyn

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11642Posts

1357Kudos

1634Solutions

Re: Accountright Classic version

Hi @BronwynHamster 

The confirmation is designed to validate the software licence, to ensure that you are using a legitimate copy of the software and the version of the software that you are entitled to use.

At this stage I am not aware of any planned changes to the confirmation process for AccountRight v19 files

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
482 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

If MYOB does decide to stop confirming these files at some point, I have no doubt a third party solution will become available as it did in the UK. Backup protocols are essential including files and programme installers. My clients and I have been on on Classic without support for several years without a problem so far.

Cheers

Liz

Super User sholt73
912 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

it's been an Anti-Piracy thing for years. it's to make sure those who are using the files actually paid for the licence to use them.

there can be better ways to go about it, but changing it now would require myob to modify it's licencing in the core software which I doubt they'd do just to make lives easier for those who don't pay them anymore.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post