Bank Feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Joshymad
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds

Hi .. after some help please

About 2 years ago - I did all the authority paperwork etc to set up Bank Feeds -- but being a creature of habit .. I have not been using them (I know pathetic) .. but I have decided to attempt using them .. the only problem is now when I get all the transactions in they go right back to 2017 ... I know I can individually right click on every transaction and hide it .. but that will take me a ridiculous amount of time (which is what I'm trying to save by using the Feeds) .. is there any way I can only get transactions from say TODAY to drop into the Bank Feeds. 

Thanks in advance

Cindy

2 REPLIES 2
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Feeds

@Joshymad 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Normally when I start new clients on Bank Feeds we reconcile the bank account up to the date of the start of the Bank Feed through the old regular way.

From the start date we only use Bank Feeds for entry so nothing is hidden and everything matches.

If you have reconciled up to a set date then you can just hide all the transactions up to the date without consequence.

It is better not to hide transactions after that date rather find and match them.

Hiding transactions is not a big time waster as most people think. I recently had to hide about 1500 transactions for a new client where they had never used the bank feeds even though they had them activated, and it took less than 30minutes to do.

It is just two mouse clicks to hide each transaction.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Joshymad
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Feeds

Graeme ..thanks so much for your reply ....

Yes I mucked up and got bank feeds set up 18 months ago, but didn't use them !!! 

So I did just that yesterday .. hid thousands of transactions yesterday .. just chipped away at it all day ... and it's now all done ... and I've been very brave and am now using the Bank feeds !!

Thanks again

Cindy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post