Bank Feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Clearwall
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds

Why are my Direct Debit payments being allocated a Cheque Number?

6 REPLIES 6
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,040Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Feeds

@Clearwall 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

What happens is if you use the TRANSACTION Rules which create Spend Money transaction, every transaction will be automatically given the next cheque number in sequence. If yiou want to change this you then have to open the transaction to do so.

On the other hand a Bill or Invoice rule you can change the cheque number to whatever you want when you process the matching.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
ShellN
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

That was not always the case - it only changed recently 

Prior to 24th September 2019 bank feeds would be posted with EFT as the reference

Now it is using cheque numbers

Transfers area also being allocated cheque number

Making a big mess to be honest 

If I now have to go in and manually change every transaction then I might as well not bother with bank feeds at all??

denise096
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Toltally agree ShellN - it's now a big mess and Bank Feeds were not always assigned a "cheque number".

Why has this changed? There is no solution to this question in the Community. It's now taking much longer to allocate Bank Feeds!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

We have identified that with the AccountRight 2019.3 version that Spend Money transactions generated from bank feed will use the cheque number sequence rather than "EFT". This is something that will be fixed with the AccountRight 2019.4 version, however, we don't have an official ETA on that at this stage.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

visitor2
Partner
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Steven, 

Is there any progress on release date for v2019.4?  It's been 2 months since the 2019.3 update that included the bonus of this error.  I understand things happen with updates, but the length of time taken to issue an update to fix it is frustrating.  It's not just spend money entries - it also affects deposits, as the rules apply 'EFT' instead of a 'CRxxxx' number.    

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @visitor2 

Currently, the 2019.4 update is still in development with a scheduled public release later is quarter - late November/early December.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post