Contributing Cover User
Australia
RobynB278
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank feeds

Hi, I hadn't previously used bank feeds for one of our accounts even though it was set up for it. I accidentally clicked 'approved' on some old transactions for this account (from 2018) and they are now showing in my reconciliation window. If I select them it throws the balnace out. How do I now get rid of them from my reconciliation window?

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,005 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Gayathri
MYOB Moderator

1006Posts

119Kudos

107Solutions

Re: Bank feeds

Hi @RobynB278,

Thank you for the post!

It is possible to remove a transaction. You need to remove the match in Bank Feeds and then delete the Transaction. However, there would be number of restrictions when deleting transactions. Your security preferences and user role must allow deleting the transaction.

To make it easier for you here's a help article which might be helpful for deleting a transaction.  

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post again.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,000 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2363Posts

2155Kudos

516Solutions

@RobynB278 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

In your case, the best thing to do is to, open the Bank Reconciliation window and from there open and delete the transactions concerned. This will remove the match to the Bank Feed and put the transaction back in the Bank Feed only.

If you then want to get rid of them out of the Bank Feed without adding them into your MYOB you will need to Hide the transactions. To Hide, right click on the transaction in the Bank Feed and choose Hide Transaction.

Do this with all old transactions.

You really should learn how to use the Bank Feeds to enter all transactions as it can save up to 60% of data entry and reconciliation time if used correctly.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Contributing Cover User RobynB278
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
RobynB278
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the quick response Gayathri. But if I delete the transaction wont it throw my accounting out? That's what I don't understand. Surely Id have to reenter it ,then Id be in the same predicament. 

Cheers

Robyn

MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,005 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Gayathri
MYOB Moderator

1006Posts

119Kudos

107Solutions

Hi @GDay53,

Thank you for the post!

From you earlier post you wanted that particular transaction to be removed from you bank feeds, so you delete the transaction. If deleting that particular transaction goes out of balance are those supposed to be there.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post again.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post