3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cancelled bank feed account reactivating by itself

Hi

Wondering if there is a way to delete a linked bank account within the bank feed settings menu to prevent it from reactivating after it has been cancelled.

I've set up my new account right application recently moving from essentials and went throught the steps activating bank feeds via the prompts. Once in the bank section, it showed there weren't any bank accounts to select other than a greyed out tick next to account used for old essentials and a personal savings account. Set up confirmation email was received.

A day later my personal savings account became part of the bank feeds which was not the plan, yet the essentials account was not there. Unwated account was cancelled.

A week of enquiry to the support line led me to be told that once a bank account is deleted, it cannot be resued in the same or another myob subscription and I needed a new account number. Arranged this, and once recieved, went throught the steps of activating. This time the box for new account was able to be ticked in the bank section.

All worked ok, began using it. Today I received a bank feed from my savings account as well, which originally was cancelled. 

I've cancelled it again.

With the above in mind, contradicting any advice that was given, can someone please tell me how to get rid of the recorded bank feed to start with and the other is how to properly disable the unwanted bank account so it stays unwanted and away from magically reactivating in account right ever again.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,308 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,308Posts

1,030Kudos

1,289Solutions

Re: Cancelled bank feed account reactivating by itself

Hi @Pete21 

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. Once a bank feed has been cancelled it can't be reactivated from within AccountRight, you do need to reapply if you want to receive feeds for that account again. Having a look at the account linked to your forum log in there is only one active bank feed on the account.

If you're receiving bank transactions for an incorrect account check the status and set up in the Manage Bank Accounts window. 

I'll give you this help article, Managing bank feeds, which has detailed information you may find useful. Howver, if you still need help please do let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Pete21
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey

Regarding the transaction recorded from the bank account which wasnt supposed to be linked to myob.

How do I delete that?

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,308 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,308Posts

1,030Kudos

1,289Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Pete21 

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you again. If you want to remove bank feed transactions from your file we will need to do that from our end. I'll need to get the following information:

• serial number
  • company file ID (Help>>About MYOB AccountRight)
  • last FOUR digits of the bank account
  • the start date to remove transactions
  • the end date to remove transactions

Your other option is to hide those bank transactions yourself in the Bank feeds window by right clicking on the transaction and selecting Hide transaction.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Pete21
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, I got on the phone with someone the other day and requested it that way.

Should be fixed any day now. Cheers

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post