Contributing Cover User
Australia
CCS
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cannot sync or backup my online file

We have just moved to AccountRight Plus 2019.1 in the cloud from Premier v19.

We have not been able to backup or sync for the last 7 days since we went to the cloud.

For Syncing: An error has occured while updating your offline file. Please check your internet connection and try again.

For Backup: The connection to the server was lost. Please check that the server is on and connected to the network.

Our internet is connected without problems, but still getting this error.

Can anyone please help!!

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,062 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7062Posts

494Kudos

1121Solutions

Re: Cannot sync or backup my online file

Hi @CCS 

Sorry about the delayed response.

I understand that you have since spoken to our phone support team, found working online isn't optimal for you due to the large file size (4GB+) and reverted to v19. 

Just food for thought here, if you ever consider upgrading to v201x again, I would definitely suggest purging previous transactions to reduce the file size, before upgrading: Things you should know before upgrading. We also recommend starting a new company file every 2-3 years to better maintain the data size. Old files can be de-activated and become read-only.

It is also optional to work online in the new AccountRight. You can certainly choose to store the file locally or on a networked server. There are other online services you can utilise without placing the company file online.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

@CloverQ  - what you mentioned worries me:

@CloverQ wrote:

We also recommend starting a new company file every 2-3 years to better maintain the data size. Old files can be de-activated and become read-only.

I've been reading through a lot of content on the move to the new AccountRight however I do not believe this is listed anywhere beyond replies on the forum. can you confirm if the design of the new software is not designed to handle records for up to 7-years as per bookkeeping requirements?

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,062 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

7062Posts

494Kudos

1121Solutions

Hi @sholt73 

Reducing file size is really part of the general data base maintenance, it is not specifically for upgrading to the new AccountRight. Whether using the classic range or the new AccountRight, if the file size becomes too large, (e.g. several GB in size) it will slow down the overall performance. Additionally with the new AccountRight's working online option, larger files also means more data to be downloaded/uploaded. Therefore, maintaining file sizes will help with general performance.

For company files migrating to the new AccountRight, in order to help the upgrade complete faster and smoother, we do recommend reducing the size first if the file is 300MB or larger. You can find more information in this Help article: Things you should know before upgrading.

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

@CloverQ

I think you may not have seen the intention of what I was asking here, I wasn't as much concerned with large file becoming slow I was more concerned with how there is a recommendation to create a new file every 3 years to prevent large data sizes which could potentially fragment your data and constantly needing to consolidate reports if you cross several financial years.

if that's the recommendation from myob, then this sounds like the new AccountRight can't handle the requirements of a modern business. is this something you can confirm is being looked at?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post