5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Complaint regarding customer support services & activating files

I have upgraded an AccountRight to have 9 company files of which 6 will be local & 3 online.

I'm paying with the discount because I've upgraded $98 pm & an additional $56 for an additional file being 9 in total; 6 local & 3 online.

I currently have 5 company files in total & I haven't upgraded any files to online at all they are all still local

I was advised by the consultant that I didn't need to upgrade yet but could still keep using the files until I had completed all the BAS which is due at the end of the week.

I tried to activate 2 new company files today making a total of 7 files

Remember I was told I could have 9 files which I'm paying for; 6 local 3 online

I was patronized by your support team who started to talk about cups

I explained to him & he agreed I currently had 5 files activated in total

Why then can't I have 2 more files activated when I'm paying the upgraded amount which would give me 7 files in total still under the 9 files I'm told I can have & have paid for.

I was told someone would ring me back but I frankly don't believe that I believe that I was told that to get rid of me.

Poor service indeed.

8 REPLIES 8
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,286 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,286Posts

4,288Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Complaint regarding customer support services & activating files

Hi @SharenW 

Sorry to hear that you have had that experience.

In term of serial number ending in 3853, it is currently licenced for 5 company files of which 3 can utilise Live services. Live Services being cloud access, bank feeds, pay superannuation, payroll reporting (STP).  Note: having an online file doesn't remove that file from the number of company files you can have stored locally i.e. if you have had a licence of 5 company files and move one of the files locally you would still be licenced for 5 company files, it is just that one is now stored online.

If an additional company files(s) would be required to be activated under that serial number there would be a charge per additional company file. The charge per additional company file for AccountRight Premier would be $650 per file (if you needed an additional two it would be 2 x 650 = 1300). Note: this will not increase the number of company files that can have live services on them.

*Prices are current at time of posting and are subject to change

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User SharenW
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply

However when I rang up 2 days ago I told the consultant I wanted to have 9 active files in total & 3 online for STP.

I was advised that if I upgrade & pay $98 & then paid $98 per month & an additional $56 per month it would give me those 9 files of which 3 would be online.

I was very adamant about what I wanted & said many times how many files I actually wanted.

Do you tape calls maybe we need to review that conversation?

So that means in total per month I'm paying $154

So it would appear then that I was lied to by your consultant who told me I could have those 9 files considering you are telling me that I still have exactly what I had before? 

Very misleading by MYOB & extremely unprofessional.

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry I should clarify I was told if I upgrade, MYOB was offering a deal that would give me the 5 files I currently had & that I would get 2 free online files, so that makes 7 files in total does it not.

I then paid an extra $56 per month as per the quote to give me an additional extra file that would be online.

So are you saying what the consultant told me was incorrect?

That the deal the consultant said MYOB has at the moment does actually not exist?

And that I don't with the upgrade get 2 free files on line in addition to the 5 I have at the moment giving me 7 files.

Even so I had 5 active files & then paid $56 per month for another so that would be 6 files?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,286 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,286Posts

4,288Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @SharenW 

I think there has been some confusion around the Live service files and local company files.

When you create a company file you do need to activate that company file on that serial number. This will consume one your local company file entitlements. It doesn't matter if that file is stored online or local it will use up that company file entitlement for your serial number (of which you currently have 5). If the file is stored online it will still consume that company file entitlement for your serial number. For example, in your case, you can have 5 company files activated on your serial number 3 of which could be stored online or locally. so you could have all files stored locally, 1 file stored online with 4 stored locally or 3 files stored online and 2 stored locally.

To best assist you with your enquiry and to ensure that we have the correct setup, what I would recommend doing is going through your company files  (open each file individually) and checking the company file ID (Help>>About AccountRight). Once you have that information do send me a private message on this Forum with those company file IDs, we can then go through to ensure that we do have the correct files activated and investigate the ways in which those additional files can be activated if required.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi StevenM

Yes clearly there is some confusion & it clearly lies with your consultants at MYOB.

I will be replying to you on the 'send me a private message' link below

But believe me it wasn't me that was confused

I clearly told your consultant Tim that I needed in total 9 company files with 3 online initially with a further file in around 4 to 6 weeks.

He told me by upgrading paying $98 & then $98 per month & then an additional $56 per month that would get me what I wanted.

I even mentioned it more than once what I wanted

If I had to purchase additional files he should have told me so

I had to get authority from the directors of the company which I did based on what he told me & now I'm not getting that

Truly confusion but squarely on MYOB's part & not mine

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,286 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,286Posts

4,288Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @SharenW 

I've just replied to your private message with additional information. 

Do let us know if you require further assistance with this situation. I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Valued Cover User AndrewStephen
781 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

781Posts

544Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @SharenW 

Just ask MYOB to provide a copy of the call recording from when you called or the chat logs if live chat.

That will show exactly was was asked and the reply of the MYOB team member.   

That will clear up the confussion once and for all.

Regards

Andrew

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,286 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,286Posts

4,288Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SharenW 

Thank you for your private messages

We have arranged for additional company files to be added to your account to allow those company files to be added.

If you require further assistance don't hesitate to post on this Forum again. I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post