Converting to cloud based MYOB and changing serial numbers

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User AnnetteW
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
AnnetteW
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Converting to cloud based MYOB and changing serial numbers

Hello - I currently have 15 licences for v19.whatever and my clients on these licences require changeover to STP from July 2019. It seems that I cannot have the same licence value once I changeover to hte cloud based software - is that correct? In other words, I will only be able to access 2 x MYOB files under my serial number and then each one after that will have an additional cost associated with it? 

I currently pay for v19.whatever Premium.

If I need to changeover and also to sign my existing clients up for their own profile, what would be the smoothest and most effective way to manage this in terms of cast and time? Would you offer a special rate for receiving up to 15 new clients from the one provider conversion, perhaps? 

5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4117Kudos

4596Solutions

Re: Converting to cloud based MYOB and changing serial numbers

Hi @AnnetteW 

AccountRight Basics, Standard & Plus subscriptions allow for the user to have one company file using "live" services, whereas if you have AccountRight Premier you can have two files using those "live" services. If you wish to have an additional company file located in the cloud/using "Live" services then an additional AccountRight Subscription for that company file would need to be purchased - currently doing a 60% discount off that original subscription cost for the additionals. 

In terms of moving across company files from a version, it does depend on the current serial number in the file. When you upgrade a company file it will carry across that previous version's serial number. So if you are needing to change the serial number in the file this can be done in AccountRight 2018 through the Help>>Change Serial Number option. Note: you would need a serial number to change it to - if the client doesn't have a serial number they can sign up for one a subscription licence through our website (currently we  are offering a 25% discount off new subscriptions purchased through our website.) 

However, in saying that, if you would like to send me a private message on the Forum with your product serial number(s) I would be happy to assist with your options. You can send me a private message on the Forum by selecting my username i.e. @Steven_M  and selecting Send a Message.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
AnnetteW
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steve and thank for the offer of your help as I process the conversions - I will be grateful for that. I have one client in particular that has a very large file and a very difficult NBN connection. I know from my own experience, as well as from reading other comments on the forum, that MYOB is pretty slow over NBN for whatever reasons. Even my own file struggles from time to time and it is pretty small by comparison.

We live in coutnry NSW and distance from the node is most likely the issue here. 

If, in that instance, the client chooses to host the file on their server rather than in the cloud,will they be able to still process STP?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4117Kudos

4596Solutions

Hi @AnnetteW 

Payroll reporting (STP) is available when using the company file in the cloud or stored locally (on your computer/network). The same is also true of bank feeds & pay superannuation. You just need to have an Internet connection when using that service.

Also if you do have a large company file that you are looking at upgrading to AccountRight 2018, I would recommend taking a look at Upgrading larger data files which outlines some tips for upgrading those larger files.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
AnnetteW
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks again Steve - the post about converting large files was interesting but perhaps not as useful as I had hoped. For instance, if you are suggesting that it would be useful to streamline the file size by deleting old customers or inventory, then wouldn't it be useful to be able to do this in an existing files, rather than what looks like a rather laborious process of converting to a spreadsheet, removing data and then uploading to a new file? Also, to not be able to transfer key things like bank recs is just plain scary. At least there is a warning, I suppose. 

One further question, all of my existing clients are, by default, either on Premier or on AccountRight Plus which has payroll and inventory. Some of them have multiple files and some of these files do not need the payroll function. None of my clients use inventory. When I organise their own Serial Number, will I be able to then link the best MYOB product to their file - as an example, one of my clients has 3 files. None of them use inventory. One of them has a moving feast of employees, another has only 2 employees and the third file none. Which products would be best for each of these files?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4117Kudos

4596Solutions

Hi @AnnetteW 

Based on my personal experience, clients that do have a smaller company file in AccountRight 2018 do generally have a better experience than those with the larger files. If you do have a large file we would recommend considering upgrading to the latest version with a new company file with only the data that is required going forward, while this can seem like daunting task overall it generally is a better experience in the long haul.

In saying that we would recommend the steps outlined on Preparing your company file for upgrading to upgrade to prepare the file to AccountRight 2018. Purging the file and optimising afterwards can decrease the file size.

The product levels are more based around the payroll module than an inventory module, AccountRight Standard, Plus or Premier all contain an Inventory module. For example, if you do need payroll you would be looking at AccountRight Plus, if you don't need payroll AccountRight Standard may be better suited for your needs. If you would like I'm happy to arrange for one of our team to get in touch with yourself to discuss your clients and looking into the best products for their needs - to organise that do feel free to send me a private message on the Forum with the serial numbers and best contact number so I can arrange for that.

You can send me a private message on the Forum by selecting my username i.e. @Steven_M  and selecting Send a Message

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post