Contributing Cover User
Australia
Wendy_99
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Currency Gain & Loss problem

We just upgraded to AR2019.2 with multicurrency feature.

We actually do not trade with any foreign currency. We are just local business. the person who set up the accounts has used the multicurrency feature to separate two type of debtors. In the old MYOB Premier V19, we can customise the foreign currency symbol so we used a code that is not related to any foreign currency. When we upgraded to the AR2019.2, we had to choose a currency from the list otherwise we can't upgrade.

So we chose USD and set the currency exchange rate at 1 and thought that should be OK.

Now I'm having currency gain/loss in the P&L. I am trying to understand if the exchange rate is 1, how do the gains/loss occur? It seems come from when you apply credit note. I can only see the gain/loss disappear if I delete the application of the credit note.

I can't produce any currency gain/loss report. I look at the report index and could not find it.

Can anybody know how to get rid of this gain/loss?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Wendy_99
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Wendy_99
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Currency gain & loss & customer account problem

I posted the question about 2 weeks ago but did not get any response.

the problem hasn't been resolved. Please refer the attached documents.

Can anybody help?

Thank you!

The desperate

18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Wendy_99
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Where Can I get help if I have issues with multi-currency after upgraded file from V19?

Where Can I get help if I have issues with multi-currency after upgraded file from V19?

I have posted two messages but didn't get a single response with my problem. 

I have attached my file again. Hopefully someone can point me a direction!!!

18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Wendy_99
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have posted two messages but didn't get a single response with my problem. 

I have attached my file again. Hopefully someone can point me a direction!!!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,040 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31040Posts

3923Kudos

4521Solutions

Re: Currency Gain & Loss problem

Hi @Wendy_99 

Sorry to see that no-one has offered their assistance in regards to your enquiry.

The screenshot you have uploaded of the Outstanding Invoice Analysis window is what I would expect to see of that transaction. The balance of the card is reading the balances of the invoice. The value shown in red is the overdue value of the card, which is correctly reading from what I can see of $264.16

You also brought up the Receivable Reconciliation [Detial] report which is been run on 30/06/2019 and when you open that transaction it does have a different value due. This is what I would expect to see if a payment was made on that invoice after the 30/06/2019. Ideally, if you are wanting to compare like for like you would need to run that Receivable Reconciliation [Detial] report for 31/12/9998. This will ensure that all transactions are being factored into that report.

So based on the information that I can see the system does appear to be working as I would expect to see. If you do feel that something is not working as intended we would love to see a screenshot of that transaction, the Find transactions for that transaction and any payments transaction made on that transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

18 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Wendy_99
Contributing Cover User

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thanks, Steve!

Attached are screen shots of one of the two invoices with problem. I have deleted the payment allocated to the invoices as it caused problem between GL and A/R. in the invoice screen shot you can see the invoice amount is only $11.32 with no payment allocated. in the "find transaction" screen, on the bottom, the balance due is -120.76. the other invoice with the amount of $11.32 has a balance $143.40, hence the two invoice has the correct total of $22.64. But I don't know where the -120.76 and $143.40 come from, they should be just 11.32 for each.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,040 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31040Posts

3923Kudos

4521Solutions

Hi @Wendy_99 

Thank you for providing those screenshots. It does looking like we do need to arrange for the company file to be sent in for a file investigation and possible repair.

As such, I've sent you a direct email with all the details in regards to getting that file sent in for an investigation and possible repair. All the information required is included in the email but do let us know if you have any questions about the process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post