Did I just get conned into upgrading to MYOB Live??

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Sanz
3 Posts
User
Papua New Guinea
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Did I just get conned into upgrading to MYOB Live??

About a month ago my trusty MYOB 19 decided NOT to confirm my company file.

Support told me that there will be no more online confirmation for MYOB 19 because of the latest Windows 10 update. Didn't make any sense. So when I asked him if I went back to the original Windows 10, would I be able to do the online confirmation. He promptly told me it's their new software thing and that it would not make any difference as MYOB 19 online confirmation is no longer supported in Windows 10

When I asked him if I could get manual confirmation over the phone. He told me that coz I was on windows 10, it will NOT activate unless I go back down to WIndow 7 or lower.

He then started to tell me the wonders of the new MYOB live and told me that if I upgrade now I'll get a discount on the yearly subscription of $534.60, and I can stop subscribing after a year and use the new softeware offline for forever.

Sounds good??So I upgraded. I don't have time to deal with the hassle of downgrading my windows and calling for manual confirmation was my thinking.

Well new software sucks. It's pretty but does nothing new that I can tell for my use and it's slow as hell.

And then... funny thing happened.

Last week I needed to look at an old file so I fired up good old MYOB19 and it auto confirmed my old company file without any problem??? So I loaded the backup of company file that got rejected and behold!! It auto confirmed! WTH??

So here I am. Stuck with a one year subscription to the LIVE MYOB Accounting that I do not need which is pretty but slow. Nice one.

Did the support guy lie about that unlimited offline use after a year as well?? Will MYOB tell me then to keep on subscribing monthly while holding my company file as hostage?

SHAME ON YOU MYOB

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,758 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

2,758Posts

2,112Kudos

388Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Did I just get conned into upgrading to MYOB Live??

Hi @Sanz 

Some MYOB staff are deliberately providing misleading information (or telling lies) when it comes to confirmation and Windows 10. There is absolutely nothing on Windows 10 that prevents confirmation. I have heard this same story many times.

Demand a refund. Demand they confirm the licence you have paid for. Confirmation is MYOB's choice - they MUST honour it. You never agreed to Confirmation in your licence agreement.

If you get no joy from MYOB, try ACCC. 

Sadly MYOB is no longer the company it once was.

FYI if you stay on v19, they are STP solutions that work with v19.

Regards

Gavin

Sanz
3 Posts
User
Papua New Guinea
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Gavin. 

I would choose your answer as a solution but I'll wait for MYOB to reply first.

I needed to vent my frustration yesterday when I realised what MYOB did.

I've never been disappointed with MYOB until now. It's one thing to promote their new system. Another to hold your company file as hostage and misguiding you to upgrade.

I can get used to the new MYOB. But my concern now is that since they lied to me once, will I be stuck with this monthly subscription system for a cloud accounting that I don't need??

I was told that I only needed this one year subscription to use it offline after a year at no further cost. Is this true?

I'll wait for a reply from MYOB.

Sean.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Hi @Sanz 

Sorry to hear that you have had that experience.

Our team are currently investigating your account and product in more detail. So we can ensure that we do have the correct contact information for you so they can contact you to discuss to findings can you send me a private message on the Forum with your product serial number and contact number. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sanz
3 Posts
User
Papua New Guinea
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Just had a long chat with support and here's what I got out of it. I hope someone finds it useful.

1. v19 company file is getting confirmed because my serial number has been upgraded to v2019. All I can gather is that old v19 is being blocked server side due to new security protocal within the windows update. I'm still skeptical but what can you do?

2. 5 company files allowed in v19 are still valid in v2019  as long as they are used offline(Local). Only one file is allowed in Cloud. Once I cancel the subscription after a year, no more Cloud. Offline will work fine. They will still be confirmed in the background.

3. Slowness of the new v2019 AccountRight is being looked into. 

4. They will make sure the support don't mislead others regarding the upgrade.

I've decided to keep the upgrade as I don't want any disruption to my daily use.

However I am not happy with MYOB on their practice.

In the past, I was happy to upgrade as the new version WAS better and it made my life easier.

This third upgrade I did? Not so much.

Next time they force me to upgrade while holding my company file as hostage, I'm moving to another program.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post