Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Downgrade to V19 from V20

I've recently upgraded from V19 to V20 MYOB Account Right.  Quite happy with V19 other than Windows 10 forcing me to login as System each time I wanted to use (seems V19 not recognised as a legitimate application or something like this and I didn't want to remove UAR control).    When I talked with MYOB about this and was offered a free upgrade to V20, it seemed something certainly worth doing.

I have been using MYOB since 2000 and have been very happy with every upgrade except this one - I'm a single user, happy with files on my own computer and essentially have  simple accounting needs.   I am very disappinted with MYOB V20.   The main problem is speed - it's probably 50% or more slower and while more bells and whistles,  really not as easy to use as the older version.

Question:  Is there anyway I can migrate back to my previous version?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
641 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

641Posts

52Kudos

49Solutions

Re: Downgrade to V19 from V20

Hi @Squeaky 

Sorry to hear that you have are not enjoying AccountRight 2020.1.

Once a company file has been upgraded to be used in a later version you can't use the same file in the previous version (i.e. once upgraded to 2019.1 that file can't go back to 2019.2.) Instead you would need to restore a backup of the file prior to upgrading or use the pre-upgraded file.

To restore a company file go to File>>Restore>>Select the required file and select where you would like to restore that into (i.e. Online or local).

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hello Jesh_D,

Thanks for the prompt response.  

I though this might be the situation.   Unfortunately I’ve been persevering with V20 for sufficient length of time that it’s a bit impractical to restore the previous version and then re-enter the missing transactions.

However given the volume of complaints about MYOB speed that I’ve seen,  do MYOB have any plan to address the problem?  Also I understand that the underlying data base is based on a product that Microsoft are soon to stop supporting and am wondering too what the plans are in respect of this?

Thanks again,

Squeaky

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
641 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

641Posts

52Kudos

49Solutions

Hi @Squeaky 

Thank you for your feedback.

We made some big changes in AccountRight 2020.2 with respect to improving time out errors, insufficient memory errors and speed, which you can read about here in the AccountRight 2020.2 release notes . This article also provides you with details on how the product will work now that Microsoft is no longer supporting some of the backend technology (SQL Server CE 3.5) that AccountRight uses. 

Have a read and let me know if you have any further questions I can help with. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hello again,

When I responded yesterday, I was making the assumption that when my free subscription period ends, I will be able to continue using MYOB, albeit without upgrades or support.  Can you confirm this is the situation please?

If this isn't the case, then I am stuck as whilst I have my V19 data files, I don't have a V19 release kit (it was downloaded and installed from the net) so am unable to re-install v19 anyway or while V19 is now a non supported product,  is it still available to people such as myself.

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks

Squeaky.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
641 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

641Posts

52Kudos

49Solutions

Hi @Squeaky 

When your free subscription ends you will have the option to continue using the AccountRight v19 product

However, it is recommended that you do upgrade to a later version of the software to ensure that you are getting the utmost performance and new functionality features. Also, v19 won't have any new compliance or feature releases moving forward, which you can read more about here: Frequently asked questions.

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Jesh,

Thanks for the response but I guess I wasn't specific enough in my questions

Q1: Will I be able to continue my use of V20 (no support, no updates) once my subscription expires?

Q2: How can I get a V19 release kit?

Looking forward to your reply,

Squeaky

Highlighted
Valued User
299 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

299Posts

84Kudos

31Solutions

You can download your version from here:

https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads

Cheers

Robert

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
641 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

641Posts

52Kudos

49Solutions

Hi @Squeaky 

Unfortunately in your case, since with the release of AccountRight 2020.2, customers using AccountRight 2020.1 will need to update their software by August 21 to continue accessing their online company file. You can read more about the decommissioning of AccountRight 2020.1 here.

For AccountRight v19, this Help Article explains how to upgrade your files to a later version of AccountRight. If you are planning to not upgrade to a later version, please let me know via a private message with your full name, serial number and email address, and I will organise for someone in the appropriate team to contact you to discuss further.  

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post