41 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

41Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Drag & Drop Not Working

Has anyone else had a problem with the DRAG and DROP feature in AR 2020 in SPEND MONEY? For the last week I haven't been able to do this and have had to resort to using the ADD DOCUMENTS which is so much more time consuming.  My file is in the Cloud, so I can't figure out why its stopped working all of a sudden. Any comments would be most appreciated. Thank you

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,325 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,325Posts

252Kudos

364Solutions

Re: Drag & Drop Not Working

Hi @MOBS 

The drag and drop feature in 2020.1 should work as it has always as nothing has been changed in the way documents were added before. However, if you're unable to do so, it could be due to unsupported file type or the fact that file is too large in size.

Therefore, could you please confirm what exactly happens when you try to drag and drop a document? If nothing appears in the intray for sometime, please give it some time as the delay could be due to the speed the document is syncing at. I would also recommend uploading 4-5 documents of different sizes to check if any document gets uploaded at all.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

I have been having this issue but only since this morning's connection dramas were resolved. 

Cannot drag & drop an invoice from email to the in-tray, and the Add Documents button greys out when you drop the document (but it never actually appears in the in-tray).  If I exit the in-tray and go back in, I am able to add the document by clicking on Add Documents but that means I have to save everything first.  I have tried with a few different documents including some invoices that I entered this morning, so it's not a size issue.  Have also tried logging out of MYOB and back in again but this did not fix it.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

632Kudos

1,224Solutions

Hi @SDuddy 

Thank you for the information. We received similar reporting very recently regarding dragging and dropping email attachments to In Tray, this is something our teams are currently looking into.

For now you can work around it by dragging the entire email into InTray, which uploads all attachments within the email. Dragging and dropping documents from local computer or emailing documents to InTray also works as usual. 

Our developers advised that there were no recent changes made to In Tray's back end so this could be caused by an environmental change. Could you please let us know the following information so we can investigate it further?

- When did it last work for you?

- How are you viewing the email, is it via a web browser or an email client (e.g. Outlook)? 

- If using Outlook, what is the Version, Build, & Channel of Outlook? (Found in File -> Info/Account Info, next to the About button). If you are using a different email client, please let us know the name and version as well.

- Which Windows are you using? And was there any recent updates installed? Here is where you can check the update history in Windows 10.

A screenshot of the Windws update history, and the Outlook information would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

The drag & drop feature was working before the AccountRight Live "outage" yesterday but not afterwards when we were finally able to log in.

Email is viewed via Outlook.

Outlook is Version 2004 Build 12730.20236 monthly channel

Capture2.JPG

We are using Windows 10 and there has been no update installed since 15 April 20.

Capture1.JPG

There appears to have been an Outlook update overnight but this was after the issue arose (and has not fixed the issue).

Thanks Smiley Happy

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am having this same issue!!  Can't drag and drop the doc from my email. It has been working fine until last week... must be a bug in the system somewhere! 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,844 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,844Posts

593Kudos

588Solutions

Hi @KylieP1 

We are aware of an issue with dragging and dropping email attachments, this is currently being investigated by our teams but appears to be an environmental issue. In the meantime you can drag the entire email directly from Outlook to the In Tray.

To assist our developers can you please provide the information as per @CloverQ's reply on this post:

-When did it last work for you?

- How are you viewing the email, is it via a web browser or an email client (e.g. Outlook)? 

- If using Outlook, what is the Version, Build, & Channel of Outlook? (Found in File -> Info/Account Info, next to the About button). If you are using a different email client, please let us know the name and version as well.

- Which Windows are you using? And was there any recent updates installed? Here is where you can check the update history in Windows 10.

A screenshot of the Windws update history, and the Outlook information would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey_H thanks for getting back to me. 

The drag and drop worked a week ago.  I am using Windows 10 screenshot attached, Outlook/ Windows 365

Windows update screenshot.jpg
Highlighted
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Oh thank goodness its not just me.  This has been so frustrating and time consuming.

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

This has been happening since last week when we could not log in to Accountright.  This is incredibly annoying and time-consuming, as I cannot drag and drop to attachments on the card file either.  Which means saving to my local computer and then going through Add documents.  

It is not that the documents are too large as per an earlier reply. 

Can we have a resolution soon please?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post