pgsdiver
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Duplicate Payroll Journal entries from conversion

Hi all,

We recently "upgraded" from Premier to AR.

As a check on the conversion process I ran balance sheets and P*&Ls in both files and they matched. Also ran a few other reports. All godd.

BUT....I have just now decided to reconcile one GL account that we use for our staff expenses processed through payroll each month and the entries do not match the old file.

I have traced this to the Payroll journals that MYOB converted, and it has in some cases reversed entries and in other duplicated (one sided entry!!) just one side of the expenses journal.

See screenshots attached.

Has anyone else seen this and if so how can I delete these entries without mucking up some other account.

Thanks in advance,

Account in New MYOB.JPGAccount in OLD MYOB.JPGNew MYOB Journal.JPGOld MYOB Journal.JPG

Account in New MYOB.JPG
Account in OLD MYOB.JPG
New MYOB Journal.JPG
Old MYOB Journal.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Duplicate Payroll Journal entries from conversion

Hi @pgsdiver 

Yes I have seen this once before a long time ago.     What I learnt from the exercise is to always upgrade files straight online first as bugs and imbalances are normally fixed in the background when upgrading online (never upgrade offline).   

Anyway I had to go through MYOB data repair team to get them to fix the data.   It is a process so be patient.    You can still work on the file while the investigate as they ask for a back up, apply the fix send the file back to you to check and once happy the provision to do it on the live file is coordinate with you so you cant work in the live file at the last final stage of fixing the file.    You will need to call MYOB support to get the data repair done. 

It was fixed in the end.   

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Experienced Cover User pgsdiver
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
pgsdiver
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Renae,

I did actually upgrade it online, but I think you are right I'll have to get the MYOB guys to fix it.

THank you for responding.

Regards,

Peter

Experienced Cover User pgsdiver
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
pgsdiver
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Update on this.

I am currently sitting on hold (have been on with MYOB for the past hour) and still haven't even been put through the data repair team.

I managed to speak to them last week and was promised a response by yesterday earliest. Nothing.

Seriously, these guys are just pure and simple incompetent. Who runs this place?

I'm embarrassed that I used tobe an advocate for MYOB.

Anyway, so far the error has been acknowledged last week, and they have a copy of a backup file to look at to try to work out how to repair it. Frankly I don't like my chances.

I'll post back once I am off hold (if I haven't fallen asleep or died in the meantime) with whatever resolution is presented.

Regards,

Peter

PS. This really should NOT be flagged as solved.......................

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31495Posts

4102Kudos

4585Solutions

Hi @pgsdiver 

I understand our team have assisted with repairing the current company file for you.

If you do require further assistance don't hesitate to post on the Forum again.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post