RachNCC
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Error when trying yo upgrade to 2019.4

Hi again,

I am receiving an error when I open up 2019.4, i get a message stating the company file needs upgrading by an AccountRight Live Administrator.

Could you please help me with this?

Error message attached.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,021 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,021Posts

4,566Kudos

4,963Solutions

Re: Error when trying yo upgrade to 2019.4

Hi @RachNCC 

There are three levels of AccountRight Live Access - this controls what you can do in relation to Live features:

• AccountRight Live Owner - the highest level of access. Can upgrade files, invite new users, apply for bank feeds...
  • AccountRight Live Administrator - Can upgrade files, invite new file users...
  • AccountRight File User - the lowest level of access. Not able to upgrade file and invite other users. Would only be able to see that invited company file

If you are encountering that particular message relating to not being the AccountRight Live Administrator, it would indicate that you are not listed as an AccountRight Live Owner or Administrator of the company file i.e. you are na AccountRight File user. In order to upgrade that company file, you would need to reach out to your AccountRight Live Owner/Administrator user to upgrade that file on your behalf. Typically, the user that invited you to the company file would be the user that could upgrade that file for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
RachNCC
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I was told that I would have Administrator access. How do I get this changed so I can upgrade the company file?

Thanks!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,021 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,021Posts

4,566Kudos

4,963Solutions

Hi @RachNCC 

When you say you have Administrator access, you may be referring to the company file access i.e. what you can do within the company file. This message is referring to your AccountRight Live access, which you are listed as a File user for.

If you do need to be an AccountRight Live Administrator to that file (and others) you would need to be invited to that company file as an AccountRight Live Administrator by the AccountRight Live Owner. Our Help Article: Change a user's online access level would be able to guide them through that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post