Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RMR1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error

I am trying to enter a credit note and MYOB comes up with the following error message:

Processing this purchase would leave the item ???? with a positive on hand quantity and a negative value in inventory. How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Error

Hi @RMR1 

As AccountRight does not allow for negative inventory quantities or values, if the transaction you were recording reduced either of these amounts to below zero you would receive an error.

In this case, as its referring to the value of the items not the quantity, you would need to increase the value of the items through an inventory adjustment. This increase would need to increase the total value of the item in the error so its above the amount of the credit.

For example, let’s say you currently have 5 of this item at $6, totaling $30. If the credit you’re trying to record was for 4 items at $8, totaling $32 it won’t be able to be recorded. You’d need to record an inventory adjustment to bring the value to at least $32 so you can record the credit

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RMR1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error

Thank you, thought this might be what I had to do. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post