250 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

250Posts

166Kudos

0Solutions

Re: File Size

I suppose it's progress of sorts, or at least change...

We now cannot open the company file at all, with a new error "Something's gone wrong and AccountRight need to close", error details show the following "Message:  Internal .Net Framework Data Provider error 6." which according to Microsoft could be related to database mirroring and a failure to install .Net 3.5 service pack 1 

I've rebooted my PC to not effect, and tried the timout extender which made no difference so it's been removed.

And while this has been going on, I've just received an email from MYOB stating that:

MYOB Client Support

Hi Danny,

I have just been advised that the Accountright errors are all fixed now and should be working as normal.

Regards,
The MYOB Team

We’re here to help

Unfortunately, as usual, it's a donotreply email address so I can't let them know we are still having problems, so this post will have to do the job.

The irony of claiming that "We're here to help" should not be lost on anyone :-(

Regards,

Danny

Valued Cover User DannyTangney
250 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

250Posts

166Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks to those who gave helped - after two days of disinformation (if not outright deceit, being told the problem is fixed on multiple ocassions when clearly it wasn't) we are now able to access our company file again.

The vaunted performance improvements in 2019.1 are non-existent, so we are left with the on-going problem originally reported in this post. Our company file is now 1.5GB and there is nothing we can do about it.

When is MYOB going to fix this problem instead of applying bandaids that do not work ? Or are you going to suggest we check our ant-virus settings again ?

Regards,

Dannyh

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia

526Posts

219Kudos

0Solutions

Or maybe you need to start a new file......... this seems to be the other "helpful" suggestion for large files. If you find you do have to start a new file then you may be better to revert to the Classic version and find some alternatives for STP.

Cheers

Liz

Valued Cover User DannyTangney
250 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

250Posts

166Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the tip, Liz.

Yes, we are thinking of a new file, and maybe taking our file (full or historical) offline, but I'm not really happy about suffering loss of access and/or functionality due to a problem MYOB has created, so we'll have a good think about what we can do so that we aren't left to suffer because of technical problems beyond our control...

Cheers,
Danny

Experienced Cover User FAB
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Yep, will add my two bobs worth as well

I've been going on about this file size issue for ages and all MYOB do are introduce updates which we DO NOT need, and do nothing for me (and iunecessarily increase the file size AGAIN)

Have investigated the option of having someone purge old data - and A LOT would need to be removed to make even the slightest improvement in functionality / speed.  I think this would be a waste of money

Starting a second company file is not an option for us either

For over $100p/m, MYOB should darn well fix the problem.  File size should never be an issue.

I like MYOB.  But I don't like the clunkiness of it when it slows down or glitches due to file size issues.  They need to fix this

Mel

Experienced Cover User crsdrums
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Our file is over 2 gb and version 2019.1 has completely wrecked our sales order to invoice record time to 2 minutes per record on average! We were working offline and MYOBs answer is you need start a new file and only export/import some of the records and do it at beginning on new financial year Smiley Sad yet it wasn’t issue before upgrade Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

I have tried clearing cache, using it on server and not on server and using on faster computers and no difference!

Last resort as I do not want to start a new file is that I uploaded it online (MYOB said it would be no different or worse) and it’s faster mmmmm so what’s the deal MYOB!!!!

We been MYOB ongoing customer for a very long time and they don’t seem to want to help long term issues at all!

Not to mention trying to get through to support - what a nightmare (no help was given on these forums either sadly)!

I am Not happy!!!!! Yet they quite happy to take my substantial monthly subscription!
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post