Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

HELP! Support call over 2 hours - is this normal

Hi

I'd really like to speak to one of the 100's of consultants on here who can help me (I've been on hold with MYOB support for over 2 hours so I've heard the spiel a few times).

My initial problem was that I tried to upload the 8th file of 8 subcriptions I have and it said I had exceeded maximum. First level tried to help and I was on and off hold for about an hour. They wanted to delete one of my files to create space but I said "NO that is a LIVE file". I've been transferred to tech support (I think) but while I've been on hold I've realised that 

(1) one of my online files isn't there anymore - it was uploaded yesterday afternoon but now it isn't showing in my "Company Files Online" list.

(2) our main company - that has 5-6 staff working on it most of the day - is not not working either. It's like it has no connectivity.

Could support have taken our files "offline" while they tried to fix the initial problem?

I have staff sitting around not being able to work which is frustrating and I'm almost at 2 1/2 hours on this call.

If anyone else has any advice, I'd be glad to recieve it.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

507Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: HELP! Support call over 2 hours - is this normal

Hi @Karen_E-cat 

I can check it for you. Could you please reply to my forum private message with the account details? 

You can find the message by clicking on your avatar from the top right corner, then click on the mail icon.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MB5
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there,  just wondering how you went.  I have been sitting on the phone this morning for 1.15 hrs waiting for tech support.  This being my 5th call, I am starting to get quite frustrated.  Please let me know if there is light at the end of the tunnel here

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,787Posts

1,378Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @MB5 

Sorry to hear that you had difficulty in getting through to the team. If you were having difficulty you are more than welcome to post your enquiry on the Community Forum, as the Community will be happy to assist

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MB5
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply.  We have 3 companies using AccountRight 2019.1.  On Friday we paid for 2 more accounts to be put in the cloud, updating them from AccountRight v19.15.  Our issue originally with doing this is the prior manager changed the password to the Administrator account (over 12 years ago) and no body has it.  The accounts that are using AccountRight 2019.1 had to be sent to the Tech support to be cleared and given a new password.

I am trying to get through to tech support again, so that we have our 2 further accounts repaired so that they too can be updated to AccountRight 2019.1.

While I thank the help desk for their help and understanding, everytime I call they ask me to go through the same procedures, which I explain, I have already done, but they insist that I try.  Twice they have put me through to the tech support where it has connected but I have been on hold.  The last time I was on hold for 1.35 before getting cut off. 

I am just not sure which way to go from here?

Any help greatly appreciated

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

507Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @MB5 

Sorry to hear about the frustration you had reaching us for help.

If I understand it correctly, you have two v19 company files that would need their administrator password reset. And just to double check have you already tried using the default password (no password) for Administrator user ID?

If that fails, then the files would need to come in for a password removal service. I've sent you a forum private message requesting additional account details. Please reply to that so I can assist you further. You can find the message by clicking on your avatar from the top right corner, then click on the mail icon.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MB5
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much for your assistance on this matter.

Yes have tried the no password.  The 3 files we had in the cloud also had to be fixed from the password.  Will send through details now.

Thank you again for all your help.  Much appreciated

MB5
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I just wanted to give a big shout out to @CloverQ  for all your expert assistance with my issues.  Your help has been invaluable!

Contributing User Samex
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi QCloud

I have a datafile with an Administrator password that I can't remember (over 10 years ago) and (no password) doesn't work.  Please send me the instructions to have it reset

Thanks in advance

MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,144 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,144Posts

130Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Samex,

Thank you for the post!

If you can send a private message with the details:

1. The serial number of the company file (Setup>>Company Information).
  2. Account Name
  3. Client ID
  4. Email Address
  5. Phone Number
  6. Company File 

Only If you are an Admin or Owner can request the password reset service

Here is a link that will take you to your private messages- Private Messages . You can send us a private message here.

Thank you

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post