Australia
Heather_PS
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Implications of not upgrading - support

After reading all of the negative posts over the last few months we feel we have ample reasons NOT to upgrade from AccountRight Enterprise v19.15 to the new version. Our business is being acquired by another from 1 July and payroll will be transferred there, so STP is not an issue. Also, we are likely to be changing to the new business software (which is not MYOB) within 12 months.

My question is, after 30 September, assuming we continue to pay our cover subscription, if something goes wrong, will MYOB continue to provide a support and recovery service? We have only needed to use such support twice in the 18 years I've been here, but I would like to be sure about this.

Also, will confirmation codes continue to be provided so that we can continue to access our files after 30 September?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Implications of not upgrading - support

I am guessing you already have a perpetual licence and from what has been said by MYOB, it does appear that you won't have support after 30th September, even if you keep paying so I would cancel the subscription regardless. I have used Classic for over 20 years with a number of clients, and haven't used support in that time. I do have a strict backup protocol including programme installers and would strongly encourage anyone without support to do this as well. Users on here seem to be the best avenue for help and I know of a third party provider who can fix corruptions, etc at a competitive price if MYOB can't help you. MYOB has stated publicly on here that they will continue to provide confirmation codes for old versions but if they don't there is an third party option that will become available if they renege on this. 

Cheers

Liz

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Heather_PS
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Heather_PS
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Implications of not upgrading - support

Thanks Liz. I will follow up with you by email sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Heather

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post