Import General Journal - Account numbers Changing on import

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
FrostBatten
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Import General Journal - Account numbers Changing on import

Hi,

I am having issues with importing data from Xero to Accountright 2022.4. I have followed the required steps to create a template and upload the data, however I am getting an error for either -16: invalid debit amount, or -15: invalid account numbers. The import log shows the account numbers have changed from the original text file. for example 41100 becomes 116.

Could I please have a private response so that I can request a call.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,991 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,991Posts

1,003Kudos

634Solutions

Re: Import General Journal - Account numbers Changing on import

Hi @FrostBatten 

The issue with the import log is a bug MYOB introduced about 6 versions ago and haven't bothered to fix, despite numerous requests. This however is not the issue causing your errors - when generating the log trace MYOB is showing the Account RecordID instead of the account number. Same thing happens with things like Jobs etc.

In terms of amounts, make sure you don't format amounts, for example $12,345.67 will fail import, use 12345.67 instead.

Also make sure your column headings match exactly the export template, including their order.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post