NikiH
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Importing Items from Old Myob to Myob Cloud

We have been using Accountright Premier (non-cloud) and now must move to the cloud version.

Our accountant does not want to simply upgrade the current existing body of data up to the cloud version, but rather he wants to start a new Myob entity and just import over certain aspects of the old file. We have a lot of historical accounts and data that has been unused for a long time , so this is an attempt to 'clean up' entries. He was looking to create new opening balances for all the accounts etc.

I selected which 'Inventory Items' I wanted to import and this was done using the import to excel spreadsheet pathway.

However when the item imported it only imported the 'Item information PROFILE ' but no other content -- for example the item details/description, buying /selling details nor even the 'I buy..., I sell.... I inventory...... account feeds (on the profile page) was missing.

I was told I may have to manually enter this info but this will take forever, surely the import should import the content of all the Item tabs??

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Komal_S
640 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

640Posts

71Kudos

113Solutions

Re: Importing Items from Old Myob to Myob Cloud

Hi @NikiH 

It is possible to import the items with all the details in to the new file. The only fields which would not get imported are  "Quantity on Hand", "Current Value" and "Average Cost" as these fields update directly when the sales/ purchases transactions are entered in the file. 

In order to make sure that the import process is done correctly, I would recommend creating one item in the new file with all the details and then just exporting that item. Once you do that, you can compare the import file from the old software with this file and correct any discrepancies. The format of both the files should be exactly same for the import to work successfully. When the old file is formatted according to the new software, you can try importing the items again and they should populate the required fields.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post