Australia
KayeSydenham

15Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Issue when upgrading multi currency file

Hi,

I have been advised that yes we can move our old MYOB V19 to the cloud as we use multi currencies, however every time I try to it tells me there is a problem with the Deutsche Marc, after making two phone calls to MYOB last Friday both consisiting of  an hour while someone went to get help, I was told that it would be threee days before this problem is solved, firstly, how do I fix it and secondly can I now up load the file to the cloud?

Thanks

In Advance.

snip_20190529130011.png
5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Andrew_Y
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

76Solutions

Re: Issue when upgrading multi currency file

Hi @KayeSydenham 

It sounds like you have already gone through the steps on Upgrade a Premier multi-currency company file

but just in case you have yet to do that, I’ve linked the article for you to go through.  In particular would be to note if you have or have not run the steps to purge the data in v19.

Can you confirm whether you have started a process with our teams in updating for the account in question?  If they are in the system already, they will be working on getting the files prepared and a resolution will be on the way.

If you have not done this already and the above steps in the link did not fix the issue, can you send me a private message with the relevant account information so that we look into that.  This can be done by clicking on my forum picture and selecting the envelope icon that appears.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner KayeSydenham
15 Posts
Partner
Australia
KayeSydenham

15Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi,

I tried and tried, I posted and I called, 2 2hour phone calls and nothing, I gave up and we have started a new file.

Story Ends.

camilleccpwa
1 Post
User
camilleccpwa

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have exactly the same problem.  It is a joke.  I tried everything, optimizing my files, purging, roling over to a new year, everyting.  FInally I rang MYOB and was on the phone on hold for 1.48hrs and then to be told I would need to send in my file and they would work on it for 3-4 days and hopefully that would fix it.  This is definatley a joke...

Any solution would be great.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31555Posts

4131Kudos

4601Solutions

Hi @camilleccpwa 

If you do have an AccountRight Classic (v19) company file that does have multi-currency enabled we do recommend taking a look at Upgrade a Premier multi-currency company file which outlines the process to migrate those files.

In addition to that as AccountRight 2019.2 currently will only allow for service and item sale and purchase layout transactions to be recorded/migrated. If you have used a different layout for your foreign currency transactions (miscellaneous, professional, time billing), you would be looking at purging out those older transactions and/or deleting them manually and then re-entering as service or item. You can check the layout of your transactions by running the Sale Register (or Purchase Register) report and adding the Layout reporting field to that report. 

Once you have addressed the layouts of your transactions*, you have checked the other reasons why the file will not migrate** then we can look at getting the company file sent in for our teams to investigate other reasons as to why that file will not migrate to AccountRight 2019.2

* i.e. there are no foreign currency transactions with a professional, miscellaneous and time billing transactions

**there are no foreign transactions with consolidated or luxury tax codes and you only have foreign currency accounts that are set to the account type of trade creditors, trade debtors, bank and credit card accounts.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,000 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2720Posts

2077Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @camilleccpwa 

Hopefully by now MYOB have sorted the issue and have returned to you an upgraded file. FYI one of the things not mentioned than can also be an issue is Pre Conversion transactions in a foreign currency. 

If your file has not been converted due to invoice layouts or pre-conversion transactions that can't be purged, I have a contact that can fix these issues, changing layouts (including from prior year) and changing pre conversion transactions to normal service invoices.

Hope you get some joy eventually.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post