Cover User
Australia
kim999
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

M-Powered payments available on AccountRight Live

When will M-Powered payments be available on the Live version?  I cannot move from Premier to Live as I use M-Powered payments?

5 REPLIES 5
Ultimate Partner GDay53
1,856 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

1856Posts

1872Kudos

413Solutions

Re: M-Powered payments available on AccountRight Live

@kim999

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

As far as I know M-Powered service will never be available in the Account Right live versions.

At present you don't need the M Powered because you have the ABA bank file payments and the online Invoice payments as well as the Pay Super.

I have changed all of my clients that were using M Powered over and they all are happy with the new program.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,094 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28094Posts

3311Kudos

4129Solutions

Hi @kim999

AccountRight 2018 doesn't support M-Powered Payments, we are currently exploring alternative solutions for this functionality with new versions of AccountRight. We are aiming to deliver a solution before September 2019.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

kim999
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
kim999
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks.  What are the disadvantages of moving to ABA file uploading instead of using an M-powered.  What functionality would l lose?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,094 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28094Posts

3311Kudos

4129Solutions

Hi @kim999

M-Powered Payments automatically arranges payment is made in AccountRight. The ABA file process will generate an ABA file which you would need to upload to your bank to make payment.

There may be some additional costs from the bank in processing that ABA file but you would need to speak to the bank to see if that is the case.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Gordon15
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Gordon15
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

To me, the biggest disadvantage of using ABA files is that they can be easily manipulated by an employee intent on committing fraud (the bank account numbers can be changed).  If you use M-Powered Payments and restrict access to the bank account information in the Card Files, then it is not possible for someone to modify bank account numbers without your knowledge.

The other minor disadvantage is that there are a few more steps involved in importing an ABA file, so it takes a little longer to do.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post