MYOB 2018 let downs, can't even print a report!

Contributing Cover User Rrojas
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB 2018 let downs, can't even print a report!

We just moved from AR Classic v19.13 to AR18.4 SE build 2018.4.21.6556, and we have yet to experience any improvements in our workflow. If anything, everything has turned out to be slower and clunkier.

We currently have the following issues:

a) A few transactions from previous years (closed years) appeared as unreconciled after the migration. Can't seem to be able to make them disappear.

b) Running the Find Transactions by date, transactions are not displayed though they are there, we can see them if we attempt the search by Card or by Jobs.

c) Printing searches from the Find Transaction, the transactions are displayed, and then the Print would default to "There's no information to Display. Try changing the filters and then run the report", no matter what we do in the filters, we can't print this simple report. For everyone's sake, the transactions are being displayed!

d) Reconciling, don't get me started.  In AR Classic v19.13 you could amend the allocations of the expenditure, the ID of a transaction or the Memo and the relevant bank account would remain reconciled, now if these fields are amended the transactions are unreconciled, and you need to start that process again!

e) Can't select multiple transactions for reconciling, now you have to mostly do them one by one.

f) Recording VOID transactions, specifically for payroll (recording against leave entitlements). The previous MYOB would ask ONCE "You have entered a payroll with a 0.00 value, do you want to proceed".  Now it asks up to three times! And then asks to create a Spend Money! Waste of time clicking buttons.

g) Entering transactions with split allocations.  You enter the total value in say a Spend Money, and while working on the split in the body of the transaction, MYOB attempts to always change the first value in the first line to the total amount, unbalancing the transaction and then adjustint the total to the higher value, and this happens in the split second when you accept the transaction, this has led to multiple errors that we end up having to trace back.

h) Backing up to our local drive, takes up to 20mins, where it used to take no more than five. Our file is not that large! We want to go home at the end of the day and leave our computers shut down for security reasons, waste of time having to wait for the thing to complete what is doing.

I guess that in a nutshell we are not happy with this version, cloud or no cloud.  Where's the added value?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

556Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB 2018 let downs, can't even print a report!

welcome to the new AccountRight stranger from the internet, the world being your oyster and like the aforementioned seafood it is not quite as tasty as others say - probably my butchered attempt at humour please be gentle.

it looks like you listed all the major headaches both myself and my clients have been having with the new myob for quite some time and I'm sorry to say I don't come with a magic fix to help here. what we have found is that having cloud-enabled software does have some perks like the online services I'm no doubt sure you've been told about going by the advertising to the max.

I can give you some shimmer of an upside as someone who also has to fight with the other problems, and hope that it's something that might brighten things a tiny bit with you but feel free to also post away your frustrations with them as the more feedback we have the more myob would listen.

the cloud benefit that I can see:

bank feeds: while it's been great to be able to just see the banking transactions from bank feeds and have less headaches with reconciling (the data I work with is no doubt very different to yours) it can be a pain if you need to enter continuous streams of data manually. that said with some of the files I work with, we can have rules and recurring transactions so finding and reconciling is done in half the time I've had to deal with it on old MYOB.

in tray: good to have OCR, does help fill in the fields if it can read it. but if there's a bill it can't read then we go through the manual process again which is tediously slow and causes my headaches. can also be nice to be able to question the bill in my software more by being able to open the actual bill PDF without hunting down emails

invoice payments: this is that thing where you send invoices using the myob emailing service and sign up to their Merchant Facility that integrates with your accounting software. it's been pretty great being able to send and (almost) forget this sort of thing, myob also sends automatic invoice reminders to so you don't have to constantly pull up Aged reports. - it becomes a big problem if myob are having server problems but when it's working it can be pretty solid.

stp - admittedly I haven't done payroll in many other software since I moved into a more quick account keeping and basic IT now, but I've found myob to have a solid stp service. just works which is really all we need it to do, just 1 extra step and we don't have to do much else - no extra downsides here from what I can tell.

I won't type up the downsides I've already made a massive post, I can only recommend going and searching this very forum or browsing the boards to see what's the go with this sort of thing. hope I've given you something that helps.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,136 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,136Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Rrojas 

Sorry to hear that you are not liking the AccountRight 20xx range.

1) In AccountRight v19 transactions that went to the same account could be reconciled individually, i.e. if you have one transaction that had 3 lines to the bank account these could be reconciled individually on 3 different days. In AccountRight 20xx these transactional lines are generally combined into the one value in the Reconcile Accounts window.  When you do click on those older transactions it thinks that the transaction as whole hasn't been reconciled (as it was reconciled as individual parts) and therefore will generate back into the Reconcile Accounts window ready to be reconciled again.

2) There are a variety of reasons why a transaction would appear in the Find Transactions window. Occasionally, it would be caused by the way that window does refresh - which was looked into with AccountRight 2019.1 update. Otherwise, it may be the type of transaction and the nature of the journal entry associated with that transaction.

3)This may be a caching problem and as such I would recommend clearing out that company file's cache file. This cache files stores information to aid in the searching and finding of recent values. If you are having trouble with the program remembering unwanted data or not bring up the correct data I would be deleting that cache file and allowing AccountRight to recache that company file (which will happen automatically when you open the company file again). 

The cache file can be found in the following location: 
C:\Users\--username--\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\201x.x\Cache
Please note that --username-- is the username that you are using to log into Windows with and AppData is a hidden folder so you would need to turn that preference on within Windows. The cache file name would be named "companyFileCache_<companyfilename>.

4) This has been something that we have raised with the required team for further investigation.

5) As you have indicated, AccountRight 20xx doesn't allow for the user to select multiple records using the drag and click method. If you are looking at selecting all records in a list (or some) you are welcome to select the Select all option at the top of the list tickboxes and then unselect the ones you do require. You could also even sort the columns by selecting the column headers to aid in the deselection process.

6) With processing a void pay for an employee in AccountRight 201xx the system will provide you with a prompt three different times. Twice to alert you to a void payroll (once when editing the Pay Employee window and once again when recording) and once to record the pays. This is once more than the AccountRight Classic range, however, it's intended to ensure that the user is aware that there is a void pay in the list and to prevent accidental processing and reporting of pay.

7) I'm not sure I flow what is occurring with this one. In testing the Split option on a Spend Money transaction from the Bank Register the first line was populated with the amount added and adding a second line would increase the amount of the Total Allocated, which I would expect to occur and is the same as AccountRight Classic.

8) Backing up of an AccountRight Live company file is dependant on various factors such as file size, internet connection, data in the file and other environmental factors. I would recommend taking a look at Speed and performance tips which does outline so tips and tricks that have worked for some clients.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steven,

Thanks for your reply, however am not sure that actually anything got solved.

1)  I don't think that your advise had anything to do with our current issue.  We currently have an asset account which gets reconciled monthly to zero, and has been for quite a few years.  We are audited by an external firm, so our reconcilliations are always checked. After the migration to AR18.SE, one transaction from 2016 and another one from 2017 (both years closed after external audit) just popped-up as unreconcilled in the bank register, and the bank seems to think that we can't reconcile to zero anymore. These transactions were not reconciled in multiple lines to the asset account, only to one.  So, how do we reconcile them again? The bank thinks we are out of balance!!!

2) Do you mean, "there are a variety of reasons why a transaction would NOT appear in the Transactions window"?  I don't follow your line of thinking.  To me, if you select an account, a range and set up valid filtering options, the transactions SHOULD appear in the window.  If they appear by another method, say by card or by job, they should appear by account.

3) We will check on your suggestion in regards to the cache.

4) -

5) Well, what can I say, the new way to make multiple selections (more to the point, not being able to do it) is a downside, your suggestions are really not value-adding, we end up doing what you propose, and it is not efficient.

6) Again, it is not efficient.

7) No, what we are experiencing is that we have bank transactions, which we need to split into different expense accounts, e.g. manually.  We start splitting the first line, and we make an input, we continue with a second line, etc. When we hit the Accept button, MYOB just changes the input of the first line in our split, only the first line, to the total amount of the transaction. Then, because the whole transaction is now unbalanced, it also then changes the total amount of the whole transaction and increases it.  It happens so fast, that most of the time we don't notice it until we attempt to conduct a monthly reconciliation.

8) Once more, inefficient.

Kind regards.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,136 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,136Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Rrojas 

If those transactions are unreconciled, typically you can tick the associated transactions re-reconcile them to bring them back in balance. In some cases, I have seen this process doesn't work and a user would need to be looking at unreconciling the account and then reconciling the transactions. While I do appreciate this will not be feasible in some cases, it will reconcile those transaction so that they are removed from that window.

In terms of the Find Transactions window, we would need more information into what is occurring a screenshot or two so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Again, we don't seem to be getting anywhere.  I have been using this company file with MYOB for several years, this is not the vanilla question of "How do I reconcile from the Reconcile Accounts Banking module?" I know how to do that with my eyes closed.  We have two transactions from past CLOSED years that just appeared as unreconciled from the migration alone, not for any other reason. Do you mean that the only option we have is to unreconcile at least 33 periods (as we have to go back all the way to mid 2016) and re-reconcile them again to be able to get around this migration issue? Would the Reconcile Accounts experience any issues since from my understanding closing years purges some transactions?

About the Search and Print. Here is an example, first screenschot a search for transactions from 1/01/19 to 22/04/19 from an asset account that have an ID From p-1901 to p-1904.  The search in this case worked and displays. The print however, only shows those from the ID p-1901 though the parameters weren't changed.  We just selected print from the search window.  No matter what we do, we can't get to print exactkt what is on the search window.

Search2.jpgSearch1.jpg

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post