AS24
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Pre-printed Cheques

I am hoping to have some feedback from others who have successfully fixed this issue. I have been in touch with Pinnacle Support who advise there is no solution to this issue.

My client purchases pre printed cheques from MYOB. When he upgraded from desktop to accountright live, his pre printed cheques dont work anymore, in particular the ABN and ACN is hardcoded in, covering the cheque line. There is no way to customise this field and move it, its in the background so it cannot be switched off.

Has anyone had any success with a solution? My client cannot print cheques and I have spent a lot of time trying to fix this with no luck from support.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

559Kudos

44Solutions

Re: MYOB Pre-printed Cheques

I might be missing something here, but when you say "hardcoded in" does this mean it's fixed in it's position and you can't move it around?

the new AccountRight does have an annoying habit of fields overlapping and you need to remove the top layers before being able to change the one behind it.

I just opened a customised pre-printed check then and I can move and delete every field here. I can put those fields back too by clicking the Fields button on the top ribbon.

could you open the customised form window and view the form you're having a problem with and take a screenshot for us? assuming this doesn't contain any personal information, seeing might be easier than using words.

AS24
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

'Hardcoded' meaning you cannot see the fields on the customise cheque design screen, it's hardcoded in the background so you cannot delete or move - this was advised by support. 

I've attached what the customise screen looks like and what the cheque ends up coming out like

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,953 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,953Posts

4,408Kudos

4,781Solutions

Hi @AS24 

Cheques are unique in the fact that the form is used across multiple sections i.e regular, payable, refund... and the transaction type determines which style of Section is printed.

From what I can see you just need to go into the cheque customise form (Setup>>Customise Forms>>Cheque>>Select the form before selecting Customise) and adjust the Layout option (in Form options) :

Attachment.PNG

This will populate the rest of the fields on that customise form window for that type of layout allowing you to make changes to that section, such as removing/ move the ABN/ACN fields.

Our Help Article: Personalising cheques has more information on customising a cheque form.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User AmandaSkinner1
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

thank you so much for your reply. That has worked!! Support from pinnacle did not advise the step in the layout button which enabled me to delete the fields we didnt want.

Thank you again

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post