Partner Zone
Partner Zone

MYOB not longer providing support for AccountRight Premier Classic v19.4

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
ElaP
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
ElaP
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB not longer providing support for AccountRight Premier Classic v19.4

We just received email saying that MYOB will no longer provide feautures, patches, compliance updates or product support for MYOB AccountRight Classic 19.14 desktop software including any future Windows operating system. AccountRight Classic customers will receive their final FY19/20 tax and payroll compliance release after June 2019 and after Sep 2019 there will be no support for Account Right Classic Platform.  We are using  MYOB Right Premier v 19.15 but we are working on Account Right Classic Platform and I would like to know if this will apply to us. Can anyone advise please.Thank you. Elizabeth

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,072 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31072Posts

3927Kudos

4525Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: MYOB not longer providing support for AccountRight Premier Classic v19.4

Hi @ElaP

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

If you are using the AccountRight Classic range i.e. AccountRight v19.15 or below you would be affected by that email. We do recommend that you upgrade to the new AccountRight in the coming period to take advantage of the benefits of that product- our Forum post on  Upgrading your AccountRight v19 file online and offline would be able to assist with that process. However, if you would prefer to stay with the AccountRight Classic range you are welcome to do so, although as per the email, we will no longer be providing compliances updates, feature patches or product support for that product range as of September 2019.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ElaP
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
ElaP
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven.

Nigel12345
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Nigel12345
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Does this mean automatic file confirmation is also lost or will it continue?
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,072 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31072Posts

3927Kudos

4525Solutions

Hi @Nigel12345

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Confirmation of company files on AccountRight v19 will continue to work as intended going forward i.e. you will still be able to confirm for your company files and use them as per normal up until and after September 2019. Although, do note no product future updates will be available for the AccountRight Classic range after the end of September 2019.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner Martin_Dalcon
4 Posts
Partner
Martin_Dalcon

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven,

We are currently using MYOB AccountRight Enterprise for WIndows v19.13.  I have developed some in-house software that links MYOB to our other two databases to share and transfer information between software packages.  I have put a lot of work into this and do not want to move away from our present setup if we can avoid it.

Just to clarify.  Can we continue to use V19.13 indefinitely?  I understand that the product will not be updated or maintained beyond September 2018.

Regards,

Martin

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,072 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31072Posts

3927Kudos

4525Solutions

Hi @Martin_Dalcon

That is correct, you can continue to use AccountRight Classic and your ODBC integration will not be affected, however, it will also no longer be supported and you will use at your own risk. Note: that after September 2019 no updates will be made to the AccountRight Classic range.

Ideally, we do recommend that you look to upgrade to AccountRight 2018 and utilise the AccountRight API. More information on the AccountRight API can found on our Developer Centre.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Partner Martin_Dalcon
4 Posts
Partner
Martin_Dalcon

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the advice.  We will probably move to the new AccountRight package in time but I neeeded reassurance that we could do that at our own pace and not be forced to move quickly.  This make me feel more relaxed about the change.

Regards,

Martin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post