6 Posts
Cover User
DanT
Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB price increase but stuck on v19

I've recently received my latest subscription invoice from MYOB which sees an increase of about 10% however I'm still stuck on a version of the product that is years old and am unable to upgrade to the current version as it's still not capable of providing the same functionality as the legacy one.  

Does anyone else find this a big of a kick in the teeth?

I tried upgrading recently but got a generic error message saying that the new product didn't support some basic things such as custom forms or one of the alternate layouts, when I spoke to the helpdesk they said that the new version wasn't very good and to stay on v19...

Come on MYOB this is pretty embarasing and surely must be pushing more and more people away to other products.  When are you going to pull your finger out and release a fully functional product that we are able to upgrade to.  I'd suggest that after you have done that and people have settled in then your price increase would be better recevied. 

Disgruntled user

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,000 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2711Posts

2070Kudos

387Solutions

Re: MYOB price increase but stuck on v19

Hi @DanT 

Just a suggestion - ditch your subscription until you (or MYOB) are ready for you to upgrade to AR2019 (or perhaps AR2025Smiley Sad

You can always take it up again when ready to upgrade, as you have noted, you aren't getting any benefit by having a subscription and staying on v19, unless you need it for Superstream etc. There are tax table and STP alternatives for those on v19. 

MYOB do not reward long term customer (or subscriber) loyalty, you will pay the same price to sign up again in 3 years time as others who keep paying a subscription for the 3 years.

Regards

Gavin

DanT
6 Posts
Cover User
DanT
Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

But if I ditch the subscription then I won't have access to v19 any more will I?

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
482 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

219Kudos

24Solutions

Yes you will have access if you have a perpetual licence and given that you have v19, I would say you already have this. You will have to continue with confirmation and there won't be MYOB included support but as long as you backup your files carefully and your v19 programme installer, you should be fine to continue without support. My clients and I have not paid for support for several years and the programme is very reliable and fast. As Gavin says, there are alternatives to upgrading. The new versions are currently a nightmare - read Andrew Stephens posts to see some of the issues.

Cheers

Liz

PS - some of my clients are using even earlier versions than v19 - they just ask for confirmation through the forum as the moderators are very professional, unlike some of the phone support.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post