Moving to new AccountRight - questions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
maustin
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Moving to new AccountRight - questions

Hi,

I am investigating upgrading our current "classic" AccountRight V19 software to the new AccountRight Premier version.  But I wanted to understand a few things before I go any further.  Hopefully someone on here has gone down this path recently and can enlighten me.

The things I am interested in are:

1.  Premier can apparently manage 2 company files.  But does that means EVERYTHING available in Premier is independently available to the two different company files?  For example, if I set up Bank Feeds, STP, Super payments, etc for one company file under the serial number I have, can I also set up different Bank Feeds, STP and Super payments, etc for the other company file?  Both companies are completely different financial entities with different ABNs, different staff, different bank accounts, etc.

2.  With our classic AccountRight software, we pay extra if a customer pays by credit card, etc.  So, what additional fees, over and above the $150/month subscription fee, are there for things like Bank Feeds, credit card payments, etc

3.  We make use of inventory management and multi-currency with our current MYOB subscription.  I noticed there is a little * next to both of these in the list of features for AccountRight Premier saying that "Currently available as a download-only feature for desktop PCs. Web browser functionality will be included in future updates".  What does that actually mean in practical terms?  Does it mean that I have to download my company file onto my desktop PC to get access to these features, and then, how do the changes I make get "pushed" back up to the online file?  I have numerous staff making changes to inventory throughtout the day, so want to understand what the time lags might be between one person making a change to stock levels and the others being able to see this.

Regards,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Moving to new AccountRight - questions

Hi @maustin 

Thanks for your post. 

1. The 2 company files are independent of each other. You will be able to set up different Bank Feeds, STP and Super payments for each company file. Your Welcome window will look something like this and you can open and set up each company separately.

Welcome window recently opened company files

2. All our live services are free to activate. Bank feeds have a fair use policy, transactions above the threshold of your product will incur an extra charge. Online Payments will incur an additional fee for usage, which you could surcharge to your customers. 

3. As for using inventory management and multi-currency, this feature is available in your software only. So you will need to download AccountRight to your computer. You can work online with your staff in the downloaded software simultaneasly without time lags. What the *-note meant is that those mentioned features are not available in our web browser version. If you would want to work in the browser on other features such as sales, you don't have to install AccountRight on your PC (ideal for Apple users, or accessing your data via your phone or tablet). Read more here: Access AccountRight company file in a web browser.

Two more articles that could you help you with your move to the new AccountRight:

1. Upgrade to the new AccountRight
  2. Upgrade a Premier multi-currency company file

Let me know if you have any questions left after going through those articles!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

maustin
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts