Multi currency - change miscellaneous layout to service layout

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Multi currency - change miscellaneous layout to service layout

Dear Support,

We have quite a number of transactions posted with miscellaneous layout in foreign currencies.  This is the main reason why we cannot upgrade to the new AccountRight 2019 online version (we are currently on AccountRight Premium V19).  I was informed by MYOB recently that MYOB will not come up with measures to facilitate upgrading such files to the new AccountRight and I was advised to either change the miscellaneous layout to service layout on the existing transactions or start a new file.  Could I please have your confirmation that this is indeed the only options we have.

It looks like changing layout type is a simpler option in comparison to starting a new file.  If transactions are in current FY, is it as simple as changing the layout and save it?  

What about the transactions recorded in FY19?  Assuming that we will upgrade at the beginning of FY21, should we purge the FY19 transactions and only keep the FY20 records for upgrading?

Kind regards,

Sally

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Re: Multi currency - change miscellaneous layout to service layout

Hi @Sally_WS 

AccountRight Classic (v19) company files that do contain multi-currency can be upgraded to AccountRight 2019. However, only service and item layouts are possible in AccountRight 2019 for foreign currency (purchase or sale) transactions. This does mean the user does need to review their transactions in AccountRight Classic.

We recommend running the Sales (Purchase) Register report and add in the Layout column to that report. This will list the transactions and their layout. If you have multi-currency transactions with a professional, time billing or miscellaneous layout these would need to be addressed, current service or item layout multi-currency transactions don't need to be addressed.

If the transaction is in the current financial year (or a future one), you would be looking at editing that transaction to update the layout to be service or item. If there are multi-currency transactions in a past financial year, you want to be looking at purging out that transaction from the company file.

Our Help Article: Upgrade a Premier multi-currency file has more information on that upgrade process for those company files.

An alternative is to look at starting a new company file in AccountRight 2019. If you are going down that path, my recommendation is to set a date and take the outstanding balances for customer, supplier and account balances as of that date. You would then create a new company file with AccountRight 2019 and enter that historical information using Setup>>Balances or the Easy Setup Assistant. Note: You can only enter historical balances for local currency cards, not foreign currency cards.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate User
3,186 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

3,186Posts

2,271Kudos

442Solutions

Re: Multi currency - change miscellaneous layout to service layout

Hi @Sally_WS 

I have been away and didn't see your post until today. Have you managed to upgrade your company file without the hassles of starting a new one? It can be done even if the Misc layout is on prior year invoices. I have a contact who has fixed numerous files with exactly this issue - files then upgraded. If you still need assistance, send me a private message and I will provide contact details.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post