Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

149Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Multi currency file still cannot upgrade

Can I please be advised when I can upgrade my multi currenty file please to the new Accountright.  As I still cant do it and its annoying i have 4 files and in the new accountright and 1 left out separately on the old accountright premier.

I want this file OFFLINE not online?

9 REPLIES 9
Valued User Robert_Mitchell
133 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

133Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Multi currency file still cannot upgrade

If you think you need to upgrade because of STP then there are alternatives that will allow you to stay with your version until MYOB has sorted the numerous issues but I risk being banned for mentioning these on here. Try Gavin12345 or Mike James as they are very knowledgeable and experienced.
Cheers
To
Robert
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Jen65 

If you do have an AccountRight Classic (v19) company file that does have multi-currency enabled we do recommend taking a look at Upgrade a Premier multi-currency company file which outlines the process to migrate those files.

In addition to that as AccountRight 2019.2 currently will only allow for service and item sale and purchase layout transactions to be recorded/migrated. If you have used a different layout for your foreign currency transactions (miscellaneous, professional, time billing), you would be looking at purging out those older transactions and/or deleting them manually and then re-entering as service or item. You can check the layout of your transactions by running the Sale Register (or Purchase Register) report and adding the Layout reporting field to that report. 

Once you have addressed the layouts of your transactions*, you have checked the other reasons why the file will not migrate** then we can look at getting the company file sent in for our teams to investigate other reasons as to why that file will not migrate to AccountRight 2019.2

* i.e. there are no foreign currency transactions with a professional, miscellaneous and time billing transactions

**there are no foreign transactions with consolidated or luxury tax codes and you only have foreign currency accounts that are set to the account type of trade creditors, trade debtors, bank and credit card accounts.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User Jen65
149 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

149Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

I only use service layout, i have already gone through the steps on upgrade a premier multi-currency company file and i already tried once i purged as well, still did not work says this file cannot be upgraded.

I thought it also said on your website they can only upgrade online so thats why i was asking how long will it be to upgrade offline.

Its annoying just having one file separate.

Also we no longer need multicurrency on this file anymore and it hasnt been used for a couple of years.

See pic attached.

Upgrade.JPG
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Jen65 

Currently, all multiple currency migrations do need to be done online. There are various reasons for this, the primary one being that if there was an error with that migration our Migrations Team can investigate that file directly so ensure that it is migrated successfully. At this stage, we don't have any immediate plans to migrate multi-currency files locally.

In saying that, once the file has been migrated to AccountRight 2019 you are welcome to take a backup of that online file and then restore it locally. This would then make that restored file an offline file so you can use it on your computer/network library.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted Cover User Jen65
149 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

149Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Problem is we only get two online files for our membership.

If i use this one we have no more left and I will need to later upgrade one of my other files online.  So we dont want to have to pay for an online file when it is not requried purely because MYOB doesnt give us the option to upgrade offline??

How can we resolve this ??

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Jen65 

The way I would do it is: upgrade that multi-currency file to AccountRight 2019, consuming your online entitlement. Once that file has been migrated and you are happy with that file i.e. you have restored it locally, get in touch and we would remove that online file from the cloud. This will free up your entitlement so you can then use another company file with live services...

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted Cover User Jen65
149 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

149Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Restore i locally, do you mean just back a file up to the computer ?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,270Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Jen65 

Restore locally would be you take a backup of the online file (File>>Backup). Once that process has been completed, you would go to File>>Restore and select to restore that file in a library on your computer. Basically, this process will take a copy of the online file (i.e. the post-migrated file) and then restore/move that file locally for use in on your computer/network.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Trusted Cover User Jen65
149 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

149Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven

Much appreciated it all worked perfectly and MYOB have also removed it from online Smiley Happy.

Makes it all easier now with all companies on the new Accountright.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post