2 Posts
Partner
Australia
Peter_Davies

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Multi currency still not able to upgrade to MYOB 2019

The announcement comes out yesterday that MYOB 2019 has some multi currency features

A client who wants to upgrade (Single Touch payroll and no desktop support from Sept 19) from MYOB Premier 19 to Account Right 2019 finds that MYOB cannot upgrade the file. The reason is that the customer has a handful of  multi currency suppliers and customers. You can't delete this history and make it AUD. You can only start afresh with a brand new file.

In some time (which is unspecified) MYOB will provide multi currency. Seriously taking away support in September without offering a solution is very poor.

What are the options? Perhaps another accounting software?

Feedback would be appreciated.

The devil is always in the detail not the marketing hurrah at Software conferences

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,861 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5861Posts

912Kudos

822Solutions

Re: Multi currency still not able to upgrade to MYOB 2019

Hi @Peter_Davies 

We are still building out Multi Currency in the new products including our Upgrader service so that we can ultimately allow for all files to upgrade to the new AccountRight platform.

There are definitely some conditions for upgrading now, see: Upgrading a Premier multi-currency company file

At this stage however, there are some files that need to wait for a future release before it can upgrade to the new AccountRight.

My understanding is that we had mentioned we wished to allow all files to be able to upgrade to the new platform around May last year however I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have on this to avoid any confusion.

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,505 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2505Posts

1932Kudos

365Solutions

Hi @Peter_Davies ,

Sounds like your client's foreign currency transactions are in a prior year. I know a contact who has converted numerous such files back to single currency, allowing the file to upgraded to AR2018. Send me a private message if interested in the contact details.

Regards

Gavin

JHL95
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
JHL95
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Peter,

I agree and that is why we are moving to XERO from 1st July 2019.

Jana

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post