Australia
MMSretail
Experienced Cover User

92Posts

71Kudos

1Solutions

New look MYOB Invoice from 1 Feb 2019

Suja,

Do you realise how infuriating you post is.

Myob clients suffer constantly from Myob bugs and system crashes and you think good to introduce a new Myob invoice.

We are constantly told that bugs are prioritised, we give no priority the the look and feel of our invoices for what we feel are over the top fees. It is galling!

You should be ashamed of yourself. The Myob community battles with the product on a day to day basis and you think it is appropriate to spend coding hours on a new Myob invoice layout.

I do not believe youu understand the community frustration with AR, you can't possibly when you waste resources on such trivia.

......   geoff

4 REPLIES
Valued User sholt73
455 Posts
Valued User
Australia
sholt73
Valued User

455Posts

268Kudos

16Solutions

Re: New look MYOB Invoice from 1 Feb 2019

for reference to others, this seems to be stemming from this information post: https://community.myob.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Community/New-look-MYOB-Invoice-from-1-Feb-2019/m-p/559...

with that, I just wanted to mention: @MMSretail

I get where you're coming from, something like this should be a very low priority in place of more major errors in the products and platforms. and this feels like myob prioritises things differently than what we need.

however, I take issue with how your post is worded. to me it reads to be that you are both blaming and attacking Suja. I take issue here as I don't believe Suja herself deserves such language as from my dealings with Suja and been reading posts, it looks like she's doing her job and does it well for the time I've come to this forum often. as a quick highlight: I've had problems on the weekend and she's rushed to fix it for me almost as soon as I reported this to a moderator, and during the time where she wasn't getting paid because she cared about making sure this forum is in working order as best she can. going from her post, it looks like she's just giving us a heads up for this change which would undoubtedly be a whole company change and would involve people much higher up that we wouldn't even hear/know the names of.

I feel like the service teams at myob get a lot more flak than they deserve and I would like to see this lessen if I can help it.

so instead of getting all worked up and exchanging some keyboard warrior battles between one another. I would like us to discuss this a bit more calmly and agree on something: why we don't like this news.

now my opinion here is: while the invoice looks pretty, it's not welcome by customers as there are a lot of other things that should be fixed up before considering a facelift to something not many people look at once a month (in my case).

there are fundamental errors on the platform and product (talking about AccountRight here, don't know the other products enough) that cause day-to-day problems as I use the product. from my perspective this is a much higher priority than how something looks.

this looks like you and I share the same feelings on this matter.

with all that said, I believe that this change was not made by the AccountRight developers. a company that delivers as many products as myob and as big as myob would have multiple teams of developers that work on specific sections and tasks. from my old development days, there would be a divide between the platform devs and the "QOL" (Quality of Life) devs which would handle small things like the website, internal tools for internal workers and most of their work contributed nothing to the core software platform we were building. I think this came from those devs.

with that context, the core feelings of how this was able to come out but other problems couldn't be fixed isn't gone but at least gives us understanding.

now that I've posted this, I would like to know what your input on this topic. you might be able to teach me something I don't know here.

looking forward to the reply.

`herman

Experienced Cover User MMSretail
92 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
MMSretail
Experienced Cover User

92Posts

71Kudos

1Solutions

Herman,

Thanks for your response to my post, your time to reply is appreciated.

I'm happy to accept your past experience regarding Suja. As with you I have found her to be responsive to my posts. As the "front" person for the Myob Community she is the top level access point to Myob users. As I understand it she does now receive a Myob salary.

It is a matter of shame that an announcement of something as trivial as a changed invoice look & feel should have be made using the forum, a heads-up that is of little if any consequences to anybody particularly when it will still be delivered in non standard international format and not a simple PDF download.

At the last release got a call from Suja telling me that a bug fix I was waiting on would not be happening (a development team created bug) as it was felt there was not enough forum interest in getting the bug fixed. What is the forum interest in a new invoice layout?

I moved to the cloud to take advantage of particular features, to date each have either bug ridden or required dangling by me ankle to use.n

I do not know how you run your business but in mine our internal needs run second to the needs of our clients. I totally understand the concept of divisional priorities and resourcing. In my business we reallocate resources if necessary to ensure the problems and requirements of our clients are fully met before we look to to internal priorities. Company image is more than a prettier invoice, it is most definitely delivered client satisfaction. e would never tell a client that a problem we introduced into one of our products did not have priority. My business prides itself on fixing problems with current product before introducing new features.

I too feel for the development teams at Myob they appear under-resourced and left with little time for beta testing.

If someone can give me a contact for the Myob CEO I will happily detail my problems with the MYob culture. Unfortunately, Suja is the highest Myob contact point readily availabe to users. I meant her no hurt in saying what I said though I do believe that the announcement of the invoice change on the forum showed little understanding of how this would appear to a significant number of users who suffer day to day problems with the product she represents on behalf of her employers. At best I can only assume she was told by her "higher-ups" to make the post.

Again, thanks for your response and my assurance that an issue is important to me if I take the time to post, I am definitely not into "keyboard warrior battles".

.........  geoff

Community Manager Suja_P
5,651 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5651Posts

2005Kudos

464Solutions

Hi Geoff (@MMSretail),

Thank you for your feedback. I understand and appreciate your frustrations around some of the reported bugs in AccountRight.

Over the years there has been a massive growth in the number of products and services we offer our clients. Our clients have given us very clear feedback (and a lot of it) that our invoices were not easy to understand

Furthermore, in light of the serious issue of fake emails that we are subjected to on a regular basis, it was absolutely important to inform our client community of the changes in the layout of our invoices so that they know that these are legitimate.

We have different teams with different skills dedicated to working on different products and areas within our business. So this change does not come at the expense of our work to improve AccountRight.

Over the past few months the biggest focus for this team has been to improve speed and performance of AccountRight.

You will see some of these improvements introduced in our next release, AccountRight 2019.1.

That said, thank you again for your feedback. It has been passed on to our teams. 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Community Manager Suja_P
5,651 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5651Posts

2005Kudos

464Solutions

Hi Herman (@sholt73),

Thank you very much for your support. Thank you also for generously sharing your time and knowledge through your contributions on our forum. The MYOB community, the Social Support team and I are ever grateful for the time you’ve been spending to help our community.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the reported issues with AccountRight. Please rest assured that the change to the invoice layout does not come at the expense of our work to improve AccountRight. 

Thank you! 

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post