Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

No. of Days after EOM is broken in v2019

We have come across a major issue in that v2019 doesn't calculate No. of Days after EOM correctly.

Before anyone suggests changing to use the "On a Day of the Month", this is not acceptable, as the sales are generated via another system which already has customer setup to be terms of "No. of Days after EOM"

Let me stress that the below worked as expected in v19.x and prior.

Payment terms are No. of Days after EOM, with Balance Due Days: 0 (e.g. zero days after the end of the month, therefore should be the last day of the month).

Since we have migrated from v19.x to the newer platform, all imported invoices have the wrong due date, as invoices with a date of 1/05/2019 havd a Due Date being 30/06/2019!!!!

When will this be fixed?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Experienced Cover User someone
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

No. of Days after EOM is broken in v2019

We have come across a major issue in that v2019 doesn't calculate No. of Days after EOM correctly.

Before anyone suggests changing to use the "On a Day of the Month", this is not acceptable, as the sales are generated via another system which already has customers setup to be terms "No. of Days after EOM"

Let me stress that the below worked as expected in v19.x and prior.

Payment terms are No. of Days after EOM, with Balance Due Days: 0 (e.g. zero days after the end of the month, therefore should be the last day of the month that the invoice is dated).

Since we have migrated from v19.x to the newer platform, all imported invoices have the wrong due date, as invoices with a date of 1/05/2019 havd a Due Date being 30/06/2019!!!!

When will this be fixed?

Thanks

38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

Re: No. of Days after EOM is broken in v2019

Steps to reproduce:
1. Setup customer card with Payment Terms of No. of Days after EOM and Balance Due Days 0
2. Create Service Invoice for this customer
3. Click on Terms button and you will see that any invoice created in May will have Due Date as 30/06/2019. That’s giving 2 months terms and not EOM

38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

So after 1.5 hours with online chat and confirmation that the behaviour is an issue, this is the response from product support:

"Thank you for waiting, it looks like there isn't a way to change it and what happens is when the option is set to 0 days after end of Month the system reverts to it's default setting of 30 days. This could be misleading but for what you're needing that is why we have the On a day of the Month option.
Currently our developers don't see this as a product issue, as people using No. of days AFTER EOM typically choose an actual number of days after EOM."

Come on MYOB, who's running the business? Your developers must be joking with this response, as the software we have been using, v19.x and prior worked in the way expected.

Remember, MYOB has FORCED US TO UPGRADE (more like downgrade) to the new 201X software, so it is MYOB's legal obligation to ensure the product performs as it previously did, as that is why we have been paying software maintenance for over 20 years! Smiley Mad

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Hi @someone 

I did read your entire post and I know you said don't mention this however currently in the new MYOB ARL software changing the terms to ''On a Day of the Month'' gives the same result as ''# of days after EOM''.   As an end user if I was setting up a customer payment terms for the first time the option "On a Day of the Month'' would be the option I would chose over # of days after EOM.   As it does state after (not within the month). 

The fact that your other sales system generates a different field than what MYOB ARL now supports , is not really an MYOB development issue.    Prehaps the other system can change the date for you instead?

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

@BooksInTheCloud wrote:

Hi @someone 

As an end user if I was setting up a customer payment terms for the first time the option "On a Day of the Month'' would be the option I would chose over # of days after EOM.  

Well it's a rather big assumption, as the original post clearly states we used v19.x and prior, so we're not setting up a new customer and why should we be forced to spend our time changing data because of a poor design/development decision for the v201X platform.

I am aware of the new payment terms type, as I did research the issue before posting. You will also see that I have posted steps to reproduce the problem without doing the import.

@BooksInTheCloud wrote:

Hi @someone 

As it does state after (not within the month). 

If you wish to discuss or debate semantics, then EOM is END, not AFTER. Then using the mathematical calculation of the end of month plus zero days, gives the last day of the month. Period!

Even if we put the semantics to the side, the point you and MYOB support keep ignoring or avoiding, is that prior to the new 201X platform the old Classic v19.x and prior software calculated this correctly.

Using the same data and setup, the 201X platform produces a different result than the v19.x platform. In the professional software development industry we call this a breaking change and it is considered a level 1 severity.

@BooksInTheCloud wrote:

Hi @someone 

The fact that your other sales system generates a different field than what MYOB ARL now supports , is not really an MYOB development issue.    Prehaps the other system can change the date for you instead?

I find it interesting and annoying that you and MYOB support have focused on this aspect, as the issue still exists even without the importing of data from a third-party system. See my previous post on the steps to recreate the bug.

This is an MYOB development issue, as the cardinal rule of software development is to ensure that existing functionality is not broken or removed in upgrades. Remember that it's MYOB that is forcing users to upgrade to ARL.

Check all the literature issued by MYOB over the past 8 or so years and it states v201X is an upgrade, which thus implies all previous functionality will be in tack.

Legally speaking MYOB haven't provided an upgrade, which is what those of us have been paying for over the last 20+ years. We didn't buy a subscription to the new ARL system.

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Hi @someone 

My only point is the new ARL software defines exactly what the terms are and is more logical and in my opinion it is not a MYOB development issue.  

I think we will just purely disagree on this one.  

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4118Kudos

4597Solutions

Hi @someone 

I've lodged this situation with our team to investigate further for a future update. 

Just testing my AccountRight 2019, when I set the terms of an invoice to be "No. of Days after EOM" with a balance due days of 0 the due date of that invoice does fall to be the last day of the next month. For example, an invoice dated today (08/05/2019), the due date would be 30/06/2019. As this is a difference from the AccountRight Classic range (v19) and doesn't follow what I would expect to occur I've passed this situation along with your comments (and @BooksInTheCloud ) to the required team for further investigate for a future update of the program.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
someone
Experienced Cover User

39Posts

19Kudos

1Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @someone 

I've lodged this situation with our team to investigate further for a future update. 

Just testing my AccountRight 2019, when I set the terms of an invoice to be "No. of Days after EOM" with a balance due days of 0 the due date of that invoice does fall to be the last day of the next month. For example, an invoice dated today (08/05/2019), the due date would be 30/06/2019. As this is a difference from the AccountRight Classic range (v19) and doesn't follow what I would expect to occur I've passed this situation along with your comments (and @BooksInTheCloud ) to the required team for further investigate for a future update of the program.

Thank you @Steven_M 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post