2 Posts
User
Mali01

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ODBC compatibility with Account Right Live and ugrade questions

Hi Guys, 

upgrading form V19 to Account right.  Am in South Africa so difficult to get through to support telephonically.  Need urgent advise ...

Is Account Right compatible with odbc

After installing the new software can I test it for a few days on a backup and when ready to transition over, s**bleep** the test file, and install the new file ?

Please help

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,000 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2717Posts

2071Kudos

387Solutions

Re: ODBC compatibility with Account Right Live and ugrade questions

Hi @Mali01 

v19 is also called AccountRight, I'm guessing you are upgrading to AccountRight 2019 (other wise known as AR2019 or sometimes AccountRight Live).

AR2019 does not have an ODBC connection, it uses an API instead. You would need to upgrade the 3rd party software using the ODBC. Most 3rd party developers have updated their software to use the API. If your software is in house, you will need to redevelop.

See  https://developer.myob.com/ for more details about the API.

Regards

Gavin

Mali01
2 Posts
User
Mali01

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gavin, thank you so much for your response.  which api query tools are compatible with AR2019.  are these sold my myob.  we look for a sql query sort of BI tool to run queries like Forest and Trees application..

Super User sholt73
912 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

I'd have a look at this article from the API knowledgebase: https://apisupport.myob.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000477256-Clients-for-exploring-APIs

pretty much gives some ideas on tools. I've personally used Postman to write some test queries and check the responses. there is a developer forum board for those who work on the API's, here's the link: MYOB API questions and answers

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post