6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Posted transactions into the wrong year

Hi Guys

On recent review of our opening balances of FY20 and our audit file FY19 it seems I have inadvertently posted some transactions into last year (the financial year wasnt closed).  What is the best way in myob to dientify these transactions?

Transactions with a posting date 01/07/2019-30/06/2020 posted with a transaction date 01/07/2018 to 30/06/2019?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,149 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,149Posts

4,579Kudos

4,980Solutions

Re: Posted transactions into the wrong year

Hi @vertigo 

AccountRight will treat the date entered on the transaction as the desired date to record the transaction on. For example, if the transaction is dated on 01/01/2019 it will be recorded and reported on as 01/01/2019. There is nothing in the system to differentiate a transaction that was entered in one financial year but had a different financial year date on it.

The only way I could see you doing that is running the Journal Security Audit report  - Reports>>Accounts>>Security and Audit. This particular report is designed to changes including additions and deletions to the Transaction Journal. It is report based on Session Date i.e. the date the event occurred. So, in theory, you could run the report for a current Session Date i.e. ones in the current financial year but have a transaction date in the previous year. Ideally, this would show you the transaction that were added in the currently dated financial year but were added with older dates in AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post