Sales order cancelled by customer with a deposit paid

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ConchiM
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sales order cancelled by customer with a deposit paid

Hi,

We have a customer that has requested cancellation of our sales order. The customer is prepaid and paid a deposit in February 22. The items on their order have not been sent to the customer because the items are on backorder.  As the items are not currently in stock i can not covert the sales order into an Invoice.  I now have to create a credit note to enable a refund to our customer.  What are the steps to do this?

thanks

Conchi

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Sales order cancelled by customer with a deposit paid

Hi @ConchiM 

Please follow the steps given: 

1. Reverse the invoice to create a credit note of the original transaction
    1. Ensure the Setup>>Preferences>>Security>>Transactions can't be changed they must be reversed is enabled.
    2. Navigate to the required invoice.
    3. Choose Edit>>Reverse Invoice.
    4. Record the Reversal.
  2. Navigate to the Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits
    • Highlight the desired credit note, select Pay Refund and record the necessary Settle Return and Credits transaction for the amount of the refund. Ensure that the amount listed on the transaction is correct
    • Highlight the desired credit note, select Apply to Invoice and record the necessary Settle Return and Credits transaction allocating the desired amount to the outstanding invoice and another charge invoice.

What the above process will do is generate a credit note for the transaction and then allows for that credit to be allocated to the individual parts of the situation (original invoice, new invoice charge and the refund).

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post